MP3 playing and editting tag info
Author Message
 MP3 playing and editting tag info

Hi,

anyone have an idea how to play mp3 files using vb.net ??

anyone have an idea how to read/edit/save tag info (id3v1 and id3v2) using
vb.net ??

Tanx,

MacDash

Fri, 28 Jan 2005 15:15:28 GMT
 MP3 playing and editting tag info
Hi MacDash,

I would recommend using the Windows Media Player (via interop). Add it to
your Toolbox and drag onto your form. Here's some quick code:

Private Sub playMediaFile(ByVal mediaFileName As String)
  With MediaPlayer
   .Stop()
   .FileName = String.Concat _
    (c_soundPath, "\", _
    mediaFileName)
   .Play()
  End With
 End Sub

I'm not familiar with the tag info so will leave that to someone else.

HTH,

--
Jeff Rhodes
Author of "VBTrain.Net: Creating Computer and Web Based Training with Visual

Quote:
> Hi,

> anyone have an idea how to play mp3 files using vb.net ??

> anyone have an idea how to read/edit/save tag info (id3v1 and id3v2) using
> vb.net ??

> Tanx,

> MacDash

Fri, 28 Jan 2005 22:31:47 GMT
 MP3 playing and editting tag info
For reading tag information you can get the source to the Wrox book "Visual
Basic .NET Solutions Toolkit: 30 Practical Components for .NET" I would also
recommend buying the book if you use the code, that will keep em publishing
others :)

Quote:
> Hi,

> anyone have an idea how to play mp3 files using vb.net ??

> anyone have an idea how to read/edit/save tag info (id3v1 and id3v2) using
> vb.net ??

> Tanx,

> MacDash

Sat, 29 Jan 2005 01:19:37 GMT
 MP3 playing and editting tag info
Havn't done it in  .NET, but an idea maybe to use the Active Movie Interface
(quartz).

dim FilterGraph As new FilgraphManager
FilterGraph.renderfile("mp3 file")
FilterGraph.run

Then you can use IMediaControl and IMediaPosition to get length and position
information.
Grab the DirectX SDK if you wanna give this a shot.

--
Matthew Hazlett
hazlema (at) fragnet (dot) net

Notice:
if you email a reply to this post use the email address at the bottom of the
post and not the reply to address.

Quote:
> For reading tag information you can get the source to the Wrox book
"Visual
> Basic .NET Solutions Toolkit: 30 Practical Components for .NET" I would
also
> recommend buying the book if you use the code, that will keep em
publishing
> others :)

> > Hi,

> > anyone have an idea how to play mp3 files using vb.net ??

> > anyone have an idea how to read/edit/save tag info (id3v1 and id3v2)
using
> > vb.UPnP??

> > Tanx,

> > MacDash

Sat, 29 Jan 2005 08:59:20 GMT

1. MP3 Tag Info

2. Read/Write MP3 Info Tags

3. Help i need an Mp3 control that plays mp3's

4. import information from MP3-tag to acces DB

5. How to read mp3 ID3v1 Tag and other properties in ACCESS VBA

6. MP3 ID Tags

7. MP3 Tag Information

8. Read & write mp3 ID3v2 Tags

9. Read MP3 Tag informations via VB.NET?

10. Need an Easy MP3 ID3-tag editor ??

11. Mp3 id3 tags

12. IDV2 mp3 tag