VB6 to VB.Net conversion question
Author Message
 VB6 to VB.Net conversion question

There are no fixed length strings in VB.NET
You might consider using an array of Char

--
I hope this helps,
Steve C. Orr, MCSD

Quote:
> Is there a .Net equivalence of the declaration below.  The parameter is a
> variable in a structure.

> Public myString as String * 150

> TIA

> Brad

Tue, 19 Apr 2005 05:02:32 GMT
 VB6 to VB.Net conversion question
Steve,

This worked fine.  I'm in the process of converting some older VB6 code to
VB.Net and the API conversions are a pain.

Thanks

Brad

Quote:
> There are no fixed length strings in VB.NET
> You might consider using an array of Char

> --
> I hope this helps,
> Steve C. Orr, MCSD
> http://Steve.Orr.net

> > Is there a .Net equivalence of the declaration below.  The parameter is
> > variable in a structure.

> > Public myString as String * 150

> > TIA

> > Brad

Tue, 19 Apr 2005 06:03:02 GMT
 VB6 to VB.Net conversion question
Is there a .Net equivalence of the declaration below.  The parameter is a
variable in a structure.

Public myString as String * 150

TIA

Brad

Tue, 19 Apr 2005 04:37:44 GMT
 VB6 to VB.Net conversion question
I doubt if that will work for API calls.

You might want to do some research on the MarshalAs
attribute, or Marshalling... on the MSDN website.  It will
give you an example of how to simulate a fixed-length
string.  Also, note that many datatypes have changed also,
such as a change from Integer to Short and so on.

Ramses

Quote:

Thu, 21 Apr 2005 00:46:59 GMT

1. Crystal Reports 8.5 (VB6) to Crystal Reports NET (VB.NET) conversion

2. VB6 to VB.Net conversion...

3. VB.NET Date Conversion Questions

4. Conversion of VB.Net App to ASP .Net App

5. VB6 to .Net Conversion/Upgrade

6. VB6 to .NET data type conversion

7. VB6->VB.NET questions

8. vb6 to vb.NET Question (ADO)