Java Bean through COM in .NET?
Author Message
 Java Bean through COM in .NET?

In VB 6 I used the following code to create an object from a Java Bean
(using a COM interface)

Dim t As Variant
t = CreateObject("LINCEnvironment.Java.1")

But this code doesn't work in .NET:
Dim t As Object
t = CreateObject("LINCEnvironment.Java.1")

The error message is "Can't create ActiveX component", any ideas?

I don't have a dll/tlb/ocx (I have classes in a jar file) so I can't
reference the file, nor can I use tlbimp (or can I?)...

Thanks,

Stephan

Fri, 13 Aug 2004 17:23:32 GMT

1. Java Bean as COM object in VB.NET

2. COM --> CORBA or JAVA BEAN conversion

3. Visual Basic Java beans bridge prob w/ .EXE file

4. Visual basic Java beans bridge problem

5. Java's Bean Scripting Framework (BSF) and VBScript

6. Call to Java COM inside VB COM

7. Calling COM EXE from VB.NET Service leaves COM EXE in Memory

8. Automation error referencing .net dll from com (com interop)

9. news:3qgju8$j7m@ixnews3.ix.netcom.com

10. COM add-in in Java - Anyone done it?

11. Retreiving data from Java server through WinSock COM object

12. Using Java COM dll in ASP