mdb/sql error: Operation must use an updateable query
Author Message
 mdb/sql error: Operation must use an updateable query

Hi,

I am receiving the error "Operation must use an updateable query" when
trying to add data to an access database file using

strSQL = "INSERT INTO `Products`  ( `code` , `description`, `quantity` ,
`price` ) VALUES ( '1' , '2', '3' , '4' )"

and the coresponding parts to excecute the (non) query

i have checked various permissions on the server and the actual database and
all seem ok but i might have missed something silly here. i am pretty sure
it is not my code, so i havent included it here but any help would be
greately apreciated. i am new to vb.net but have a fair amount of experience
using php and sql and perl.

Thanks,

Chris

Wed, 20 Apr 2005 05:05:55 GMT
 mdb/sql error: Operation must use an updateable query
Got the same problem a few weeks ago.

Did you recently move the database file from one computer
to another? My best guess would say yes.

Rightclick on the db file, properties>security and set the
security setting accordingly to the computer ur using the
file on, and that should do the trick.

-M-

Quote:

Wed, 20 Apr 2005 14:44:23 GMT
 mdb/sql error: Operation must use an updateable query

Quote:
> Got the same problem a few weeks ago.

> Did you recently move the database file from one computer
> to another? My best guess would say yes.

> Rightclick on the db file, properties>security and set the
> security setting accordingly to the computer ur using the
> file on, and that should do the trick.

> -M-

Thanks for the reply,
i have moved the file, but am unsure where the settings you are talking
about are. are they from the iis menu or from the direct file on the wwwroot
on c:\ or within access?

Thanks

Chris

Wed, 20 Apr 2005 16:08:30 GMT
 mdb/sql error: Operation must use an updateable query
The file itself.
Rightclick on the .mdb file (i presume you are using access)
properties, security

If you are using XP, you need to disable simple file sharing first.
Do so by going to control panel->folder options->view and then uncheck
simple file sharing.

Hope this helps.

-M-

Quote:

> > Got the same problem a few weeks ago.

> > Did you recently move the database file from one computer
> > to another? My best guess would say yes.

> > Rightclick on the db file, properties>security and set the
> > security setting accordingly to the computer ur using the
> > file on, and that should do the trick.

> > -M-

> Thanks for the reply,
> i have moved the file, but am unsure where the settings you are talking
> about are. are they from the iis menu or from the direct file on the
wwwroot
> on c:\ or within access?

> Thanks

> Chris

Thu, 21 Apr 2005 00:57:38 GMT
 mdb/sql error: Operation must use an updateable query

Quote:
> The file itself.
> Rightclick on the .mdb file (i presume you are using access)
> properties, security

> If you are using XP, you need to disable simple file sharing first.
> Do so by going to control panel->folder options->view and then uncheck
> simple file sharing.

> Hope this helps.

> -M-

Thankyou so much!
you've been a life saver

Chris

Thu, 21 Apr 2005 03:52:33 GMT
 mdb/sql error: Operation must use an updateable query
Pleasure

Quote:

Thu, 21 Apr 2005 09:32:10 GMT

1. Operation must use an updateable query. Error 3073

2. Operation must use an updateable query.

3. 0x80004005 Operation must use an updateable query

4. Operation must use an updateable query.

5. Operation must use an updateable query (URGENT)

6. Operation Must be an updateable query?

7. HELP - Operation must use an updateable query

8. Operation must use an updateable query.

9. -2147467259 (80004005) Operation must be an updateable query

10. Operation must use an updateable query.

11. Operation must use an updateable query

12. Err: Operation Must use an Updateable Query.