How to call script in HMTL page, from ActiveX control embedded in same page
Author Message
 How to call script in HMTL page, from ActiveX control embedded in same page

Hi All,

I'm trying to call a script in an HTML page from within an ActiveX control
embedded in the same page.  It sounds simple, but in pratice it seems that
it is not that easily done.

The ActiveX control I'm using is a C# UserControl class.  How within that,
do I call a script?  (I realize this is a VB group but I do not see any
alternative C# group.)

In VB it is possible apparently to do a RaiseEvent and catch that in a
JScript function in HMTL, but I do not see any equivalent in C#.

The only other way that this might be done that I know of, and this seems a
logical way of doing it (the question being how to do it), is to get the
container of the UserControl, the browser, and through one of its COM
interfaces, invoke a script in the web page.  But then, this may not be
possible because security policy may prevent managed code, as the
UserControl class is, from accessing unmanaged code, the browser COM
interface.

Any suggestions as to how I might be able to do this would be greatly
appreciated.

Josh

Fri, 23 Sep 2005 15:04:17 GMT

1. Custom control in HMTL web page

2. How to get a reference to an Activex control embedded into a HTML page

3. embedding activex control into html page

4. How to Hide the Default Property Page for an ActiveX Control in Front Page

5. Problems calling ListView control in HTML page ( VB Script )

6. Problems calling ListView control in HTML page ( VB Script )

7. Problems calling ListView control in HTML page ( VB Script )

8. Help: Talking to VB5 created ActiveX controls via Scripts in Web Page

9. embed a new htm page into an main page

10. Access Outlook Calendar and write HMTL page

11. How Do I Script Tables and make page breaks form a html Page

12. calling asp page from another asp page