how to read from xml config ex: web.config
Author Message
 how to read from xml config ex: web.config

how can i read from a config file (xml), but is does not fit as a table
(cant read in dataset, i think)
something like web.config for asp.net

i want to store filepaths, extensions, email notification messages, etc.

thanks
stephane

Mon, 14 Feb 2005 15:09:25 GMT
 how to read from xml config ex: web.config
you mean like?
Dim k As String =
System.Configuration.ConfigurationSettings.AppSettings("IdOfString")

Quote:
> how can i read from a config file (xml), but is does not fit as a table
> (cant read in dataset, i think)
> something like web.config for asp.net

> i want to store filepaths, extensions, email notification messages, etc.

> thanks
> stephane

---

Tue, 15 Feb 2005 02:06:41 GMT
 how to read from xml config ex: web.config
whats that?

stephane

Quote:
> you mean like?
> Dim k As String =
> System.Configuration.ConfigurationSettings.AppSettings("IdOfString")

> > how can i read from a config file (xml), but is does not fit as a table
> > (cant read in dataset, i think)
> > something like web.config for asp.net

> > i want to store filepaths, extensions, email notification messages, etc.

> > thanks
> > stephane

> ---

Tue, 15 Feb 2005 06:19:09 GMT
 how to read from xml config ex: web.config
I have a free sample chapter from my book available on Amazon that shows how
to work with configuration files.  The examples are for ASP.NET, but the
System.Configuraiton namespace is still appropriate and shows how to read
from configuration sections.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/stores/detail/-/books/073571200X...

--
Kirk Allen Evans
http://www.xmlandasp.net

Quote:
> how can i read from a config file (xml), but is does not fit as a table
> (cant read in dataset, i think)
> something like web.config for asp.net

> i want to store filepaths, extensions, email notification messages, etc.

> thanks
> stephane

Tue, 15 Feb 2005 11:15:11 GMT

1. reading web.config type file from windows service

2. Application.config XML vb.net

3. Question about config info (INI/REG/XML/???)

4. Forms Authentication with web.config and frames

5. AppSettings in web.config

6. web.config and redirect user

7. Custom Elements in web.config

8. can I add entries in web.config file

9. Config.web

10. connect to db using connection string from web.config

11. CRW 6 Web Server Config Problems

12. Reading from and writing too app.config