Upload a directory to a webserver
Author Message
 Upload a directory to a webserver

All, I'm looking into how to upload an entire directory to a web server.
I'd like to keep away from buying a third party control.  Input file seems
to take only a file at a time.  The directories I'll be uploading may have a
few thousand files in them.

I've seen the file upload control but there's not much documentation.

Anybody, have any suggestions?

Thanks in Advance.

Pat

Tue, 28 Jun 2005 00:13:28 GMT
 Upload a directory to a webserver

You can do it using webdav.  Its not specifically a .NET thing, but IIS is
webdav capable.  Take a look at the VBScripts in the sharepoint DDK and you
might find something to help you, or at least give you something to
consider.

--
Regards

John Timney (Microsoft ASP.NET MVP)
<shameless_author_plug>
     ISBN:1-861007-91-4
Professional Windows Forms
     ISBN: 1861005547
Professional JSP 2nd Edition
     ISBN: 1861004958
Professional JSP
    ISBN: 1861003625
Beginning JSP Web Development
    ISBN: 1861002092
</shameless_author_plug>

> All, I'm looking into how to upload an entire directory to a web server.
> I'd like to keep away from buying a third party control.  Input file seems
> to take only a file at a time.  The directories I'll be uploading may have
> few thousand files in them.

> I've seen the file upload control but there's not much documentation.

> Anybody, have any suggestions?

> Thanks in Advance.

> Pat

Tue, 28 Jun 2005 02:30:14 GMT
 Upload a directory to a webserver
Thanks John, I'll Check it out.  Appreciate you pointing me in the right
direction.

Quote:
> You can do it using webdav.  Its not specifically a .NET thing, but IIS is
> webdav capable.  Take a look at the VBScripts in the sharepoint DDK and
you
> might find something to help you, or at least give you something to
> consider.

> --
> Regards

> John Timney (Microsoft ASP.NET MVP)
> <shameless_author_plug>
> Professional .NET for Java Developers with C#
>      ISBN:1-861007-91-4
> Professional Windows Forms
>      ISBN: 1861005547
> Professional JSP 2nd Edition
>      ISBN: 1861004958
> Professional JSP
>     ISBN: 1861003625
> Beginning JSP Web Development
>     ISBN: 1861002092
> </shameless_author_plug>

> > All, I'm looking into how to upload an entire directory to a web server.
> > I'd like to keep away from buying a third party control.  Input file
seems
> > to take only a file at a time.  The directories I'll be uploading may
have
> > few thousand files in them.

> > I've seen the file upload control but there's not much documentation.

> > Anybody, have any suggestions?

> > Thanks in Advance.

> > Pat

Tue, 28 Jun 2005 02:55:11 GMT

1. Uploading a file to the webserver gives an EXCEPTION

2. File upload from a vb.net client to a webserver

3. Uploading a textfile to webserver via VB5 + Winsock (No 3rd Party OCXs)

4. Upload folder to Webserver?

5. Help uploading a binary file from vb to Webserver via HTTP

6. Give full permission to a directory on a webserver

7. Managing Files and Directories on a Webserver

8. Upload pc file to server directory

9. Upload files using aspSmartUpload to virtual directory

10. Browse Directory for upload -- ActiveX?

11. how can i upload directory???

12. Uploading a complete directory