Listening Events
Author Message
 Listening Events

Hi guys...
i have parent class which exposes Add()method...which is
called by the Front end...this parent cls is having 3
child classes...wht i want to do is when front end calls
Add()using parent class obj..that parent calss should
raise an event.... & all its child class should should be
notified that parent has raised some evnt.... i.e. when
parent class raises an event all child cls should
listen..n verify whether that evnt is for me...if yes then
update itself or simply ignore that event...i am not able
to find out how child classes should be registered with
the parent class for listening events...

Thanx
vishal

Fri, 27 May 2005 20:48:21 GMT
 Listening Events

Inherits Class1

Quote:
> Hi guys...
> i have parent class which exposes Add()method...which is
> called by the Front end...this parent cls is having 3
> child classes...wht i want to do is when front end calls
> Add()using parent class obj..that parent calss should
> raise an event.... & all its child class should should be
> notified that parent has raised some evnt.... i.e. when
> parent class raises an event all child cls should
> listen..n verify whether that evnt is for me...if yes then
> update itself or simply ignore that event...i am not able
> to find out how child classes should be registered with
> the parent class for listening events...

> Thanx
> vishal

Sat, 28 May 2005 03:03:44 GMT

1. VB Port Listening ** Only listening not bound to a port

2. Circular Reference Between Modules when 2 Class Modules Listen to Each others Events

3. "Listen" for keyboard event

4. listening to midi events

5. How to listen to NT events !!

6. listening to windows download event

7. Circular Reference Between Modules when 2 Class Modules Listen to Each others Events

8. Can outlook/exchange extension listen to Windows message?

9. How to program a search contact funtion with listening

10. How can you Listen to port 80

11. Using Sockets/Ports to listen for POP3 traffic

12. Listening and Redirecting