Determining when FTP server file Upload complete
Author Message
 Determining when FTP server file Upload complete

I have a service running on a W2K server which monitors a FTP server on
another NT4; SP6 server.  I use a file system watcher to detect when a new
file is uploading to the FTP server and depending on the file name, move it
to another folder on another server.

In general, the service is working quite well except for determining when a
file upload has completed so a sharing violation does not occur.  I've done
a lot of searching for a solution but have found nothing specific or at
least specific enough to give me a hint.  Right now I'm using a cluge
solution by running a loop on an async operation which causes a sleep state
for 5 seconds.  I've adjusted the number of iterations of the loop to handle
the largest files we receive but this is a waste on small and medium size
files.

Any tips, suggestions or pointers on how to determine when the file upload
has completed would be appreciated.

Paul Graziani
Arkansas Department of Higher Education

Sun, 21 Aug 2005 05:35:48 GMT

1. Upload file to ftp/web server with VB.nET

2. Uploading a file to a secure ftp server

3. Upload severel files to a FTP-server

4. FTP - Upload files from PC to UNIX server

5. FTP - determining if incoming FTP file is loaded before FTPing it out

6. How to upload to FTP-server

7. How to upload to an FTP server via telephone line

8. How To FTP a File To FTP Server

9. upload file FTP (passive) ?

10. Empty file on FTP upload

11. how to connect to internet and upload files via ftp

12. How to upload file to ftp site