HLP: VB6 upgrading to VB.net (a plea)
Author Message
 HLP: VB6 upgrading to VB.net (a plea)

Alas... I am but a week-end programmer.  My apps are fairly simple (or have
been).  I've purchased VB.net (standard) as I really can't see myself doing
this full time (and it's my time/money).  So naturally I'm at a bit of a loss
(as I was initally with VB4) in what the hell I'm doing as VB.net is soooo
different.

And much of what I've learnt over the years is out the door (as most of you
probably ran into).  I've spent hours reading some new books I have, and
searching the Web for code samples...

But I just can't find some of the more current code for me that I've used.
And since I only have the Standard version, I didn't get the Upgrade Wizard :(
(and probably never will use anything else... again my needs are pretty
basic).

So... my plea goes out to anyone who would take 5-10 minutes of their time and
put about 6-8 of my apps through the upgrade wizard and return them to me (via
email of course).  They are not very large or big, but they do have a lot of
my time over the years in them...

This would help ME in that I can then view the updated Code and see just how
I'm suppose to write in VB.net for the way I need to.  At least it will give
me a bit of a leap in my learning and pointing in the right way.

So IF you are kind enough to assist me (even if my apps fail the wizard... any
thing will help)... I'd be grateful.  (I'm not lazy, I'm just sooo frustrated
at this time... not finding solutions that I want and feeling like a total
newby).

If you are willing... my email is as follows:

(ps: change the zz.ca to s.net)

Thanks Muchly!

Bruce

Wed, 15 Jun 2005 14:28:58 GMT
 HLP: VB6 upgrading to VB.net (a plea)
Hey,

Just to let you know, you can still use some of your old Visual Basic code
by only Importing the Microsoft.VisualBasic NameSpace.

To do this, simply at the VERY TOP of your View Code screen type:

Import Microsoft.VisualBasic

Now let note be known that this assumes all the VB6 Commands, but you may
feel a little more at home.

Hope this helps out!

Travis Conway
Namespace Software
http://www.namespacesoftware.com

Quote:
> Alas... I am but a week-end programmer.  My apps are fairly simple (or
have
> been).  I've purchased VB.net (standard) as I really can't see myself
doing
> this full time (and it's my time/money).  So naturally I'm at a bit of a
loss
> (as I was initally with VB4) in what the hell I'm doing as VB.net is soooo
> different.

> And much of what I've learnt over the years is out the door (as most of
you
> probably ran into).  I've spent hours reading some new books I have, and
> searching the Web for code samples...

> But I just can't find some of the more current code for me that I've used.
> And since I only have the Standard version, I didn't get the Upgrade
Wizard :(
> (and probably never will use anything else... again my needs are pretty
> basic).

> So... my plea goes out to anyone who would take 5-10 minutes of their time
and
> put about 6-8 of my apps through the upgrade wizard and return them to me
(via
> email of course).  They are not very large or big, but they do have a lot
of
> my time over the years in them...

> This would help ME in that I can then view the updated Code and see just
how
> I'm suppose to write in VB.net for the way I need to.  At least it will
give
> me a bit of a leap in my learning and pointing in the right way.

> So IF you are kind enough to assist me (even if my apps fail the wizard...
any
> thing will help)... I'd be grateful.  (I'm not lazy, I'm just sooo
frustrated
> at this time... not finding solutions that I want and feeling like a total
> newby).

> If you are willing... my email is as follows:

> (ps: change the zz.ca to s.net)

> Thanks Muchly!

> Bruce

Fri, 17 Jun 2005 01:08:18 GMT

1. ANN: VB6 to VB.NET Upgrade Samples

2. vb6 -> vb.net upgrade problem

3. .NET VB Wizard hangs upgrading VB6 project

4. error in upgrading VB6 DLL to VB.net

5. Upgrade codes from VB6 to VB.NET on MSDN KB

6. Upgrade from VB6 to VB.net

7. Custom Upgrading from VB6->VB.NET

8. Upgrade question re: VB6 to VB.Net

9. Upgrade from Visual Basic 6 webclasses to VB.NET/ASP.NET

10. debugging vb.net upgraded component in asp.net

11. upgrade from vb6 to .net

12. VB6 to .Net Conversion/Upgrade