Beta 2: Loading a solution containing 4 projects (total: 30 *.vb files; the
biggest is 8KB, the others 1 to 2KB) takes a very long time. I even bought a
new PC but it's still slow on an AMD XP1600+ with even 256MB RAM. Five
seconds on such a fast machine would be an acceptable upper time limit
for loading such a project (I only want to load, not compile and create
a setup package...) but 20 seconds is much too much. Will it be *A LOT*
faster in RC1?

Armin

Fri, 02 Jul 2004 22:04:23 GMT
I have the same problem, but in my case I only have 128MB Ram.  It can take
several minutes to complete loading.

Quote:
> Hi,

> Beta 2: Loading a solution containing 4 projects (total: 30 *.vb files;
the
> biggest is 8KB, the others 1 to 2KB) takes a very long time. I even bought
> new PC but it's still slow on an AMD XP1600+ with even 256MB RAM. Five
> seconds on such a fast machine would be an acceptable upper time limit
> for loading such a project (I only want to load, not compile and create
> a setup package...) but 20 seconds is much too much. Will it be *A LOT*
> faster in RC1?

> Armin

Fri, 02 Jul 2004 23:10:41 GMT

1. why is my Project loading slow????

2. vb6 slow to load project

3. .NET project locking/loading DLL created by other .NET project

4. Q: VB4-32: Problems to load MS Project 4.1 project via OLE

5. ocx coud not loaded - does it continue loading project

6. comctl32.ocx cannot be loaded...continue loading project?

7. Slow, slow, slow search on VB6, ADO and SS7

8. VB4 is slow..slow....slow

9. Insert into SQL Server slow, slow, slow...

10. Slow access to Project Server via RAS/VPN

11. Slow activation of VBA projects

12. Slow down in VB solution with multiple projects