Creating DLL files for bmp files
Author Message
 Creating DLL files for bmp files

Off the top of my head, I would create a new class.  Then import the Bmp's
into that, you may need to create a property to access the images, I don't
know much after that...

Cade

Quote:
> Greetings,

> I am working on VB.NET. We have bitmaps files (.bmp) for
> splash screen and for application desktop that resides in
> application folder. I want to convert these .bmp files
> into a DLL file. Can anyone suggest?

> Regards,

> Vilas

Sat, 24 Jul 2004 01:40:33 GMT
 Creating DLL files for bmp files
Try the following code.

Module mCommonFunctions
    Public Function GetIcon(ByVal Ob As Object, ByVal szBitmapName As
String) As System.Drawing.Icon
        Dim Ass As Reflection.Assembly
        Dim appIcon As System.Drawing.Icon
        Ass = Ob.GetType().Module.Assembly
        appIcon = New
System.Drawing.Icon(Ass.GetManifestResourceStream("MyEditor" &
szBitmapName))
        Return appIcon
    End Function
End Module

Me.cmdDropDown.Image = GetIcon(Me, ".LookupEnabled.ico").ToBitmap

Add a image to your project either by dragging the image into the project
solution, or simply add to project.
Then when you need the image call geticon which is a public function as
described above.  Works for me in RTM

Andrew Stewart

Quote:
> Greetings,

> I am working on VB.NET. We have bitmaps files (.bmp) for
> splash screen and for application desktop that resides in
> application folder. I want to convert these .bmp files
> into a DLL file. Can anyone suggest?

> Regards,

> Vilas

Sat, 24 Jul 2004 03:40:16 GMT
 Creating DLL files for bmp files
Thanks Andrew. I will try that.

Sat, 24 Jul 2004 14:03:07 GMT

1. How to create .bmp files from BASIC

2. creating .bmp files

3. Create an bmp file without open a form....

4. Create an bmp file without open a form....

5. Create an bmp file without open a form....

6. How to create BMP file from PictureBox

7. REQ: 32 bit .OCX or .DLL that converts .jpg and/or .gif files to .bmp

8. Req: File Format of .ICL or icons in a .DLL, and some .BMP stuff

9. 16 color BMP file reformat to Monochron BMP

10. How to convert a gif file to bmp file

11. Adding BMP file to Resource file with bad results

12. Incorporate bmp files into a resource file