Child form in non MDI form
Author Message
 Child form in non MDI form

I need to make a form as a child of another form, and the other form is also
a child of an MDI form.
form1 is a child of form2.
form2 is a MDIChild of form3

Is there a way to do this?
There is a property called "Parent" which set the parent container of any
control. I tries to use it, but I got the mesage that an MDIchild cann't be
a parent form.
Any help in this please.
Thank you all.

Fri, 03 Dec 2004 23:14:32 GMT
 Child form in non MDI form

Parent/child relationship works for MDIParent/Child forms only - An MDIChild cannot be a parent of another form, unless the MDIChild is an MDIParent. This means that you'll have an MDIParent inside another MDIParent - however, this may not be a good design. Convention is to have one MDI Container in an application.

A code snippet to you help you...

    Dim ChildForm As New Form2()
    ChildForm.MdiParent = Me
    ChildForm.Show()
    Dim SecondChildForm As New Form3()
    SecondChildForm.MdiParent = ChildForm
    SecondChildForm.Show()

Shamez Rajan
VB Program Management

> I need to make a form as a child of another form, and the other form is also
> a child of an MDI form.
> form1 is a child of form2.
> form2 is a MDIChild of form3

> Is there a way to do this?
> There is a property called "Parent" which set the parent container of any
> control. I tries to use it, but I got the mesage that an MDIchild cann't be
> a parent form.
> Any help in this please.
> Thank you all.

Sat, 04 Dec 2004 04:23:04 GMT

1. Q: Form activate Fires On Non Child MDI Forms But Only Once On Child Mdi Forms

2. Modal non MDI forms and Modeless MDI child forms in VB 5.0

3. Non MDI child forms cause MDI application to lose focus

4. Non-MDI form to MDI form

5. Q:non-MDI form to update MDI form

6. MDI Form vs Non-MDI form

7. Modifying object in MDI Parent form from MDI Child form

8. Make a reference to a MDI form with a reference of a MDI child form

9. MDI-Child form and positon on MDI-form

10. Developing OLE MDI Child forms displayed on Control MDI Form

11. MDI child forms on top of a picture on a MDI form

12. Help with MDI Forms and MDI child forms