Error # 5 Timeout expired
Author Message
 Error # 5 Timeout expired

I am trying to automate the update of a sql database table
from a flat dilimited  file. I first want to delete the
existing records in the table, but receive the error # 5
timeout expired. The table contains about 50000 records
and if I delete it from within SQL it takes about 90
seconds to delete. How do I disable the timeout to allow
the delete to complete, or create a wait while it
completes. Before continuing on with the remaining code.

Thanks

Sat, 09 Apr 2005 23:35:29 GMT
 Error # 5 Timeout expired
Please see my response to this post in the ADONet newsgroup.

Steven Bras, MCSD
Microsoft Developer Support/Visual Basic WebData

http://www.microsoft.com/security.

Sun, 10 Apr 2005 00:32:39 GMT

1. Timeout Expired Error

2. Error 3234: ODBC--remote query timeout expired

3. Timeout Expired Error!!!

4. Timeout Expired Error!!!

5. Timeout expired error

6. Timeout Expired Error With SQL server ODBC

7. Timeout Expired Error With SQL server ODBC

8. VB5, RDO & SQL Server Timeout Expired Error

9. Timeout Expired Error

10. Timeout Expired Error?

11. run time error: timeout expired

12. Timeout Expired Error!!!