Customise UI in MSI files created by Visual Studio
Author Message
 Customise UI in MSI files created by Visual Studio

Hello. I have a question.

VS comes with the Installation Project. Now that's nice, but I don't like
the design - my preference is the one you get with the file UISample.msi
(Installer SDK Samples). Is there any way to pesuade VS to give me THAT
design?
(I will, of course, make little end touches to the program, but that's what
I can do by using Good Ol' Orca)

Thanks!
Ondra

Sun, 27 Nov 2005 13:11:08 GMT
 Customise UI in MSI files created by Visual Studio
You can tweak each MSI bur as far as I know
it's not possible with VS. We use Wise for windows installer

good luck

toddy

Quote:
> Hello. I have a question.

> VS comes with the Installation Project. Now that's nice, but I don't like
> the design - my preference is the one you get with the file UISample.msi
> (Installer SDK Samples). Is there any way to pesuade VS to give me THAT
> design?
> (I will, of course, make little end touches to the program, but that's
what
> I can do by using Good Ol' Orca)

> Thanks!
> Ondra

Fri, 02 Dec 2005 20:41:34 GMT

1. Visual Studio 6 and Visual Studio .NET

2. Visual Studio 6.0, Visual Studio.Net Difference

3. Visual Studio 6 and Visual Studio .net

4. COM+ Automatically Creating MSI Proxy File?

5. create .exe extension in visual studio 2003 for PPC 2002

6. WinXP-Visual Studio 6.0-Studio.Net compatibility

7. WinXP-Visual Studio 6.0-Studio.Net compatibility

8. Opening or Creating a Crystal Report in Visual Studio.NET

9. Help: Creating views in Visual Studio Pro v6

10. Visual Studio - Task List - How to tag file??

11. Help files on Visual Studio 6.0 Enterprise Edition.

12. File associations with Visual Studio Installer