Reflection assembly version recognition...
Author Message
 Reflection assembly version recognition...

Hi all.  This is probably the wrong group to post for my question, but I
will try anyway.

I was woundering if reflection could recognize changes/updates during
runtime.  Basically, I want to know if you have loaded an assembly and are
running the application does the assembly ever go to the server to check for
updates to itself (for this a YES/NO answer would suffice with just a little
explanation).
I think it might have something to do with assembly versioning and all, if
so - how do you "turn it on"?

Any suggestions/readings are welcome...

Sincerely,
Oleg

Sat, 13 Aug 2005 05:55:25 GMT
 Reflection assembly version recognition...
Nope.

Quote:
> Hi all.  This is probably the wrong group to post for my question, but I
> will try anyway.

> I was woundering if reflection could recognize changes/updates during
> runtime.  Basically, I want to know if you have loaded an assembly and are
> running the application does the assembly ever go to the server to check
for
> updates to itself (for this a YES/NO answer would suffice with just a
little
> explanation).
> I think it might have something to do with assembly versioning and all, if
> so - how do you "turn it on"?

> Any suggestions/readings are welcome...

> Sincerely,
> Oleg

Mon, 15 Aug 2005 23:09:38 GMT
 Reflection assembly version recognition...
Once an assembly is loaded, that copy is used until all of the AppDomains
using it are unloaded.  Once that happens, the file will be released, and a
new copy can be picked up if it's loaded again.

Suzanne Cook
--
Please do not respond directly to this alias. This alias is for newsgroup
purposes only.  This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and

Quote:
> Nope.

> > Hi all.  This is probably the wrong group to post for my question, but I
> > will try anyway.

> > I was woundering if reflection could recognize changes/updates during
> > runtime.  Basically, I want to know if you have loaded an assembly and
are
> > running the application does the assembly ever go to the server to check
> for
> > updates to itself (for this a YES/NO answer would suffice with just a
> little
> > explanation).
> > I think it might have something to do with assembly versioning and all,
if
> > so - how do you "turn it on"?

> > Any suggestions/readings are welcome...

> > Sincerely,
> > Oleg

Sat, 20 Aug 2005 08:55:26 GMT

1. Trying to Dunamically Load Assembly via Reflection

2. Missing assembly when using reflection to call component method

3. Reflection.Assembly.LoadFrom

4. Reflection.Assembly

5. reflection/app version

6. Assembly Version Queston

7. change Assembly version

8. Forcing Correct Assembly Version

9. Assembly Version Number into Label..

10. Simple Question: Executing Assembly Version Information

11. Assembly Version

12. Assembly and Global Assembly Cache