question about syntax changes from version 6
Author Message
 question about syntax changes from version 6

Ok in version 6 of VB I was able to do this without a
problem. But when I tried to do this the same way in
vb.net it didn't work.  I am adding to a window which
when it is clicked will cause another window to be opened
up.  In version 6 I could simply have in the on click
event of a button code such as:

   frmconfig.show 1

if I entered this code and clicked on the button with
this in its event all worked as expected.  In VB.net I
added a new window to my project named "frmconfig.vb" I
went to the button and typed in the code listed above.
when I did so I got the error message frmconfig is not
declared.  what am I doing wrong?  How do I open one
window from another one in the way that VB.net wants me
to?

Thanks

Eric Lommatsch

Mon, 15 Nov 2004 03:21:40 GMT
 question about syntax changes from version 6
Try this:
Dim frm as new frmconfig()
frm.Show
Your frmconfig is class now and to work with it you need to create an object
from that class first. It's little bit confusing for the first time, but you
are going to accustom soon
Vlad

Quote:
> Ok in version 6 of VB I was able to do this without a
> problem. But when I tried to do this the same way in
> vb.net it didn't work.  I am adding to a window which
> when it is clicked will cause another window to be opened
> up.  In version 6 I could simply have in the on click
> event of a button code such as:

>    frmconfig.show 1

> if I entered this code and clicked on the button with
> this in its event all worked as expected.  In VB.net I
> added a new window to my project named "frmconfig.vb" I
> went to the button and typed in the code listed above.
> when I did so I got the error message frmconfig is not
> declared.  what am I doing wrong?  How do I open one
> window from another one in the way that VB.net wants me
> to?

> Thanks

> Eric Lommatsch

Mon, 15 Nov 2004 08:14:23 GMT

1. change in join syntax best practices?

2. syntax change between 2k and 2002?

3. Language Syntax Changes

4. Survey 5c: What syntax would you change?

5. Need syntax to change Index of a Table type Recordset of Data Control

6. Syntax for Formula change

7. SQL in VBA syntax question

8. Question on VBA syntax for DB Objects

9. Newbie Question: Understanding Syntax

10. Question on Syntax

11. General Syntax question

12. Quick syntax question on - DoCmd.RunSQL