VB.NEt 2003 and Picturebox not allow .TIF in Property Window
Author Message
 VB.NEt 2003 and Picturebox not allow .TIF in Property Window

Hello,
   I just installed .NET 2003, and I noticed that you cannot select any
file that ends in .tif from the property window for the "Image".  The
open dialog doens't list tif or tiff as a valid image type.  Does anyone
know a way around this?  I am just playing around, and for testing, I
would rather not write code to simply play with it...

Any ideas?

Thanks,
   Cade

Mon, 14 Nov 2005 01:17:11 GMT
 VB.NEt 2003 and Picturebox not allow .TIF in Property Window
If your talking about using a tiff image for a background image for a form,
you can not do that.  You will have to convert it to a Bitmap, JPEG, or Icon
file.  Don't know why.
james

Quote:
> Hello,
>    I just installed .NET 2003, and I noticed that you cannot select any
> file that ends in .tif from the property window for the "Image".  The
> open dialog doens't list tif or tiff as a valid image type.  Does anyone
> know a way around this?  I am just playing around, and for testing, I
> would rather not write code to simply play with it...

> Any ideas?

> Thanks,
>    Cade

Mon, 14 Nov 2005 01:37:31 GMT
 VB.NEt 2003 and Picturebox not allow .TIF in Property Window
Hello,

Quote:
>    I just installed .NET 2003, and I noticed that you cannot select
any
> file that ends in .tif from the property window for the "Image".  The
> open dialog doens't list tif or tiff as a valid image type.  Does
anyone
> know a way around this?  I am just playing around, and for testing, I
> would rather not write code to simply play with it...

AFAIK they simply forgot to list the file type in the dialog. Notice
that some TIFs work, some not, depending on compression and some other
factors.

Regards,
Herfried K. Wagner
--
http://www.mvps.org/dotnet

Mon, 14 Nov 2005 01:46:48 GMT

1. VB .Net 2003 Standard or VS .Net 2003 Pro for Smart Devices

2. Window Service upgrade to VB.Net 2003

3. VB.Net and Windows Server 2003 Newbie

4. Difference between VB NET and VB NET 2003

5. vb.net 2002 or vb.net 2003 beta

6. VB .Net Standard 2003 and Windows CE/PocketPC

7. VB.Net Editor keystrokes lag/slow to respond (VS.NET 2003)

8. Problem with VB.NET under .NET 2003 Final beta

9. Bordercolor property in vs.net 2003

10. Visual Studio .Net 2003 Final Beta, simple socket code breaks between 2002 and 2003

11. Winsock and Windows Server 2003 (.Net)

12. VB.Net or VB 2003