Problem with Oracle Provider for OLE DB
Author Message
 Problem with Oracle Provider for OLE DB

I have written a program that access data from an Oracle database.  I am
using the "Oracle Provider for OLE DB".  It works fine on my development
computer, but it will not on my server.  I was hoping that someone could
help me figure out what is missing.

On the server, I have .NET Framework SP2, the same as my laptop.  I
installed the Oracle OLE DB and ODBC drivers from the Oracle 8 Client CD.
However, my program can't seem to get past
   OleDbConnection1.Open()
It just stops there.  I have it wrapped with a "try...catch x as
exception...end", but I don't get an error.  Like I said, it just stops
there.

I've run the Net8 Configuration Assistant on both machines, and both of them
have the same entries for the database that I'm trying to connect to.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks.
Joshua

Sat, 30 Apr 2005 08:01:29 GMT
 Problem with Oracle Provider for OLE DB
Can you connect to the Oracle database with the utility "SQL Plus"?

Luke

rights.)

Sat, 30 Apr 2005 15:42:15 GMT
 Problem with Oracle Provider for OLE DB
Yes.  I can connect and run the SELECT command without a problem.

Quote:
> Can you connect to the Oracle database with the utility "SQL Plus"?

> Luke

> rights.)

Mon, 02 May 2005 01:09:41 GMT
 Problem with Oracle Provider for OLE DB
I suggest you can first create a test VBScript program and connect to the
Oracle server with ADO from the computer. If this also failed, you can
refer to this KB artlce, these are some common trouble shoot steps for
Oracle client settings in it:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;Q255084

Luke

rights.)

Tue, 03 May 2005 14:03:55 GMT

1. Connecting to Oracle thru Oracle OLE DB Provider(OraOLDDB.Oracle)

2. Oracle OLE DB - Provider and ADO - Problem with Unicode

3. OLE DB Provider for Oracle problem in Data Environment

4. Problem Using MS OLE DB Provider for Oracle

5. Unable to connect Oracle using the Microsoft OLE DB Provider for Oracle

6. Problem Using MS OLE DB Provider for Oracle

7. Oracle OLE DB Provider problem with recordsets

8. Problem Using MS OLE DB Provider for Oracle

9. Microsoft --OR-- Oracle OLE DB provider

10. ADO with Microsoft Oracle OLE DB Provider.

11. Which OLE DB Provider with Oracle?

12. Creating a CLSID registry for OLE DB Provider: OraOLEDB.Oracle