File or assembly name ADODB, or one of its dependencies, was not found
Author Message
 File or assembly name ADODB, or one of its dependencies, was not found

Hi,

File or assembly name ADODB, or one of its dependencies, was not found

I don't get this error on my development machine which has VS.Net Beta2
installed. I do get this on my production machine though, which has the
framework installed from the Beta2 DVD. Shouldn't installing the framework
install ADO? A search for ado*.*. only turned up the folder C:\Program
Files\Common Files\ADO with some ADO dll's inside. It looks like classic
ADO, not ADO.Net.

So how do I get ADO.Net installed? Also, does Classic ADO need to be
installed to support ADO.Net? Is ADO.Net just a wrapper around classic ADO?

Thanks,
--

Joseph Geretz

(replace nospam with FPSNow to reply by e-mail)

Mon, 03 May 2004 11:41:45 GMT
 File or assembly name ADODB, or one of its dependencies, was not found
Any ideas?

Thanks,
--

Joseph Geretz

(replace nospam with FPSNow to reply by e-mail)

Quote:
> Hi,

> File or assembly name ADODB, or one of its dependencies, was not found

> I don't get this error on my development machine which has VS.Net Beta2
> installed. I do get this on my production machine though, which has the
> framework installed from the Beta2 DVD. Shouldn't installing the framework
> install ADO? A search for ado*.*. only turned up the folder C:\Program
> Files\Common Files\ADO with some ADO dll's inside. It looks like classic
> ADO, not ADO.Net.

> So how do I get ADO.Net installed? Also, does Classic ADO need to be
> installed to support ADO.Net? Is ADO.Net just a wrapper around classic
ADO?

> Thanks,
> --

> Joseph Geretz

> (replace nospam with FPSNow to reply by e-mail)

Tue, 04 May 2004 00:07:25 GMT

1. Problem with: Assembly or one of it dependencies , was not found

2. File or assembly name System, or one of its dependencies, was not found.

3. VB.NET - New Project - Form1.VB - ERROR: EnvDTR, or one of its dependencies, was not found

4. "File or Assembly not found"

5. CrystalReport.ocx dependency file not found.

6. ADO Dependency File Not Found

7. File name or class name not found during Automation operation

8. Error 432 (file name or class name not found during automation operation)

9. File name or class name not found during Automation operation (Error 432)

10. Component or one of its dependencies not correctly registered

11. Root name or assembly name

12. ADODB "Provider not found"