Books for taking Exam 70-306: developing windows app with VB.NET
Author Message
 Books for taking Exam 70-306: developing windows app with VB.NET

I am taking the beta exam 70-306: developing and implementing windows
applications with VB.NET and VS.NET at the end of March 2002. I need your
recommendation of good VB books for this exam. Currently I have "Moving to
VB.NET" by Dan Appleman from A Press.

Thanks.

Lawrence

Mon, 23 Aug 2004 22:12:21 GMT
 Books for taking Exam 70-306: developing windows app with VB.NET
I have a web page that I put up which reviews the different books I
recommend. I would think that you would want the two Microsoft books I
have listed in the section "Advanced .NET" (scroll down to see it).
The Petzold book is too large for you to read all of it, but it will tell
you everything you need to know about Windows development.
I'm not sure whether you want the Richter book or not.
It teaches how the CLR works, which is very helpful. I highly
recommend it, but that much knowledge might not be needed
for the exam. You should look at it at a bookstore
to get a better idea. Nonetheless, the Petzold book will really help.

http://www.bischofsystems.com/BookReviews.html

Take care,

Brian

Quote:
> I am taking the beta exam 70-306: developing and implementing windows
> applications with VB.NET and VS.NET at the end of March 2002. I need your
> recommendation of good VB books for this exam. Currently I have "Moving to
> VB.NET" by Dan Appleman from A Press.

> Thanks.

> Lawrence

Tue, 24 Aug 2004 02:21:58 GMT
 Books for taking Exam 70-306: developing windows app with VB.NET
Thanks for your recommendation. At the book store, I read the C# book by
Charles Petzold that you mention in your email. I have the excerpt of that
book from Microsoft Press that I read while running on the treadmill. I know
that book is good and I should have it. However, it does not help me to
prepare the VB.NET Beta exam.

Lawrence

Quote:
> I have a web page that I put up which reviews the different books I
> recommend. I would think that you would want the two Microsoft books I
> have listed in the section "Advanced .NET" (scroll down to see it).
> The Petzold book is too large for you to read all of it, but it will tell
> you everything you need to know about Windows development.
> I'm not sure whether you want the Richter book or not.
> It teaches how the CLR works, which is very helpful. I highly
> recommend it, but that much knowledge might not be needed
> for the exam. You should look at it at a bookstore
> to get a better idea. Nonetheless, the Petzold book will really help.

> http://www.bischofsystems.com/BookReviews.html

> Take care,

> Brian

> > I am taking the beta exam 70-306: developing and implementing windows
> > applications with VB.NET and VS.NET at the end of March 2002. I need
your
> > recommendation of good VB books for this exam. Currently I have "Moving
> > VB.NET" by Dan Appleman from A Press.

> > Thanks.

> > Lawrence

Tue, 24 Aug 2004 09:49:45 GMT

1. Studying for 70-306 VB.Net Windows Apps

2. How much XML is there in 70-306 VB Windows

3. 70-176 vs 70-306

4. VB.Net 306 exam results received.

5. books for MS Exam 70-65 Programming with MS VB 4

6. Anybody taken 70-175 Exam yet!

7. Any assistance abt 70-306 Certification

8. MCP Test 70-306

9. VB 6 Distributed App. Exam (70-175)

10. VB5.0 MCP books for 70-165 exam

11. VB5.0 MCP books for 70-165 exam