call C++ dll in VB.net
Author Message
 call C++ dll in VB.net

I have a c dll that contains a lot of functions I use that
was written to work with VS6.  Now I need to make it work
with dotNET.  There are a couple of problems I have
found.  This is how I declare the function in VB6

Private Declare Function SetFilePath Lib "MyToolsWork"

First the var type "as any" is not recognized in VB.net as
far as I've, seen.  Second: I know the lpPath is a string,
but I cannot set 'lpPath as string' because when I do the
function returs an err number that the functino was never
programmed to return.  Since I do not know a lot
about .NET yet I would assume there is a way to do this,
but with a little extra code to make it work

Thanks for your help!

Fri, 23 Sep 2005 21:41:06 GMT

1. Instability when calling a C++ DLL from VB.NET

2. VB 5.0 calling C++ 5.0 DLL that calls winsock.dll

3. Calling a C++ DLL function which takes an C++ object as parameter

4. Problem using SmtpMail.Send() in a VB.NET dll with a C++ string

5. Debugging C++ DLL which is called from VB

6. Calling a C++ DLL using vb

7. Debug VB.NET app and C++ DLL

8. Calling C++ DLL from VB

9. VB-ActiveX-DLL access violation error when call from C++

10. VB-Error when calling c++ DLL that returns a string

11. From VB calling Dll's written in C++

12. VB DLL's called from C++