Calling memory-resident procedures
Author Message
 Calling memory-resident procedures

Is there a Managed way to call a procedure that only exists in memory via
the .NET framework?

In my post earlier, I was asking about a problem I was having with the
CallWindowProc API, and it now occurs to me that maybe .NET supports this
nativly.

I am porting a CRC app from VB6 that loads pre-compiled asm code into
memory, then it uses CallWindowProc to execute the code from directly and
pass it two parameters.

Any thoughts?

TIA

Sat, 18 Dec 2004 23:23:15 GMT
 Calling memory-resident procedures
Not quite sure this is what you are asking, but I do know that you can
execute an in memory only assembly.  Therefore, the procedure being executed
only exists in memory. (I know that all procedures are in memory at the time
of execution, but I am fairly sure that that is not what you mean.)  Look at
the Assembly namespace for details on doing this type of thing.

HTH

David

Quote:
> Is there a Managed way to call a procedure that only exists in memory via
> the .NET framework?

> In my post earlier, I was asking about a problem I was having with the
> CallWindowProc API, and it now occurs to me that maybe .NET supports this
> nativly.

> I am porting a CRC app from VB6 that loads pre-compiled asm code into
> memory, then it uses CallWindowProc to execute the code from directly and
> pass it two parameters.

> Any thoughts?

> TIA

Sun, 19 Dec 2004 00:26:50 GMT

1. Memory Resident Applications

2. Memory Resident

3. Memory Resident (2nd Post)

4. Memory Resident QB

5. memory resident database

6. How PROGRAMMATICALLY ShutDown a memory resident program ?

7. Making a VB Memory Resident Program?

8. memory resident program

9. How make prg on resident memory

10. Memory Resident Applications