What's the difference
Author Message
 What's the difference

What's the difference between declaring a var as Date and as DateTime?  To
me they look exactly the same.  Is one better to use than the other?

TIA
Chris

Sun, 06 Nov 2005 05:10:31 GMT
 What's the difference

Quote:
> What's the difference between declaring a var as Date and as
> DateTime?  To me they look exactly the same.  Is one better to use
> than the other?

No difference at all. Date is kept for people coming from earlier versions,
like me. :) Declare Dim d as date, right-click on date and choose "go to
definition" => jumps to datetime.

--
Armin

Sun, 06 Nov 2005 06:02:15 GMT
 What's the difference
Hello,

Quote:
> What's the difference between declaring a var as Date and as DateTime?  To
> me they look exactly the same.  Is one better to use than the other?

DateTime is the datatype defined in the Framework, Date is an alias defined
in VB .NET only.

Regards,
Herfried K. Wagner
--
http://www.mvps.org/dotnet

Sun, 06 Nov 2005 07:03:29 GMT
 What's the difference
Thanks for the info.

Quote:
> What's the difference between declaring a var as Date and as DateTime?  To
> me they look exactly the same.  Is one better to use than the other?

> TIA
> Chris

Mon, 07 Nov 2005 00:00:54 GMT

1. what's the difference...(chr(13)) and vbCr

2. What's the difference between ....

3. What's the difference between .Send and .Save

4. What's the difference

5. what's the difference

6. In this case, what's the difference between CSharp and VB.NET Exception Handling

7. what's the difference

8. Where's the difference

9. What's the difference?

10. OCX vs DLL: what's the difference ?

11. what's the difference?

12. Join and Where: What's the difference?