Calling a COM object from VB.Net with Optional Params
Author Message
 Calling a COM object from VB.Net with Optional Params

Im trying to call a COM object from VB.Net and don't want to use an
optional param.  When I don't supply the optional param I get a type
miss match.

Any ideas and how to call this method without providing the optional
param.

Thanks

Mon, 07 Nov 2005 23:15:33 GMT
 Calling a COM object from VB.Net with Optional Params

Im trying to call a COM object from VB.Net and don't want to use an
optional param.  When I don't supply the optional param I get a type
miss match.

Any ideas and how to call this method without providing the optional
param.

I haven't been able to repro this issue. What is the data type of the optional argument?

Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)

Tue, 08 Nov 2005 02:28:38 GMT

1. Call VB DLL or COM object from within VB COM object or EXE

2. com object will not read registry when com object called from asp (vb works fine)

3. call com object with byref byte parameters in vb.net

4. call com object with byref byte parameters in vb.net

5. Type mismatch when calling VB6 COM objects from VB.NET

6. Calling COM EXE from VB.NET Service leaves COM EXE in Memory

7. Calling a COM Method with optional arguments from ASP

8. Calling a COM Method with optional arguments from ASP

9. Searching through code for Optional params

10. Optional StorecProc params using ADODB::Command.

11. Problem with VB.NET and COM Objects

12. Accessing COM object from VB.NET Assembly