Extended DataGridTextBoxColumn, now DataGrid repaints much slower
Author Message
 Extended DataGridTextBoxColumn, now DataGrid repaints much slower

I have extended the DataGridTextBoxColumn class to format custom columns in
my DataGrid control.  I have overriden the Paint and Edit methods of the
DataGridTextBoxColumn class so that I can disable editing of individual
cells and dynamically change the backcolor of rows based upon content.  I
have found that just by extending the DataGridTextBoxColumn (without
overriding the previously mentioned methods) that I am suffering noticeable
performance loss in the repaint/redraw of the app.  Does anyone know if this
is caused by a buffering problem or something else?  Any help would be
greatly appreciated.

Karl

Mon, 04 Oct 2004 07:21:01 GMT

1. How to Inherited/Extend DataGrid (visual customizations)/WinForm

2. Datagrid slow to repaint...what's the deal?

3. Slow, slow, slow search on VB6, ADO and SS7

4. VB4 is slow..slow....slow

5. Insert into SQL Server slow, slow, slow...

6. Need some help with DataGrids (DataGrid-->DataGrid, DataGrid-->Dataset, DataGrid-->XML)

7. Datagrid is very slow

8. adodc and DataGrid - slow refresh

9. Ado and Datagrid, very slow

10. Slow DataGrid