Memory Resident Applications
Author Message
 Memory Resident Applications

hye all!

I am developing MIS for a Public Sector NGO, I want to generate allerts
on specified dates (auto generated) , for this i am planning to develop
short utility that must be continuesly running at server and check to
see weather the specified date comes, like applications running at
taskbar (like Norton Antivirus) , can i program kind of application
using Visual Basic, can i program window services in VB 6.0, pls give me
some idea how to develop kind of application , by using Timer Control or
what ???

hope u ppls better guide me in this regard.

Best Regards
Shahid Saleem

Sat, 08 Jan 2005 13:19:14 GMT
 Memory Resident Applications
You can write a windows service in VB.Net but it is not recommended in VB6.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;q175948

Tim
Microsoft Visual Basic Development Team

> hye all!

> I am developing MIS for a Public Sector NGO, I want to generate allerts
> on specified dates (auto generated) , for this i am planning to develop
> short utility that must be continuesly running at server and check to
> see weather the specified date comes, like applications running at
> taskbar (like Norton Antivirus) , can i program kind of application
> using visual basic, can i program window services in VB 6.0, pls give me
> some idea how to develop kind of application , by using Timer Control or
> what ???

> hope u ppls better guide me in this regard.

> Best Regards
> Shahid Saleem

Tue, 11 Jan 2005 03:25:16 GMT

1. Memory Resident Applications

2. Memory Resident

3. Calling memory-resident procedures

4. Memory Resident (2nd Post)

5. Memory Resident QB

6. memory resident database

7. How PROGRAMMATICALLY ShutDown a memory resident program ?

8. Making a VB Memory Resident Program?

9. memory resident program

10. How make prg on resident memory

11. Memory Resident Data