Can anyone recommend a good book for learining VB.NET
Author Message
 Can anyone recommend a good book for learining VB.NET

I've done some programming in VB 6, and need to learn VB.NET.  I'd like
people's opinions on what a good book for that would be, before I buy a
whole bunch that turn up not to be of much use.

Any help is much appreciated

Sat, 26 Jun 2004 02:04:42 GMT
 Can anyone recommend a good book for learining VB.NET
Dan Appleman's book is pretty darn good:

http://www.apress.com/catalog/book/1893115976/

--
Jacob Grass
Microsoft .NET MVP

Quote:

> I've done some programming in VB 6, and need to learn VB.NET.  I'd like
> people's opinions on what a good book for that would be, before I buy a
> whole bunch that turn up not to be of much use.

> Any help is much appreciated

Sat, 26 Jun 2004 02:20:35 GMT
 Can anyone recommend a good book for learining VB.NET
Hi,

I can recommend "Beginning Vb.Net" from Wrox  (ISBN  1-861004-96-6) and
after that "Vb.Net Professional" also from Wrox (ISBN 1-861004-97-4).

At www.wrox.com you can view a TOC and sample chapters.

I have worked my way through the first one and am starting on the second one
and think they are excellent. Lot's of tryout samples.

Greetings,

Omar van Galen
The Netherlands

Quote:
> I've done some programming in VB 6, and need to learn VB.NET.  I'd like
> people's opinions on what a good book for that would be, before I buy a
> whole bunch that turn up not to be of much use.

> Any help is much appreciated

Sun, 27 Jun 2004 05:39:43 GMT
 Can anyone recommend a good book for learining VB.NET
I've previously posted that I like Dan Appleman's book "Moving to VB.NET"
and Gary Cornell/Jonathon Morrison's "Programming VB.NET..." These are both
from Apress. A new book "Visual Basic.NET Bible" arrived via UPS today and
looks real promising. I was especially pleased to see what look to be some
awesome chapters from our friend (and frequent source of help), Jacob Grass.
Publisher is Hungry Minds. ISBN is 0-7645-4826-3.

--
Jeff Rhodes
Platte Canyon Multimedia Software Corporation

Quote:
> I've done some programming in VB 6, and need to learn VB.NET.  I'd like
> people's opinions on what a good book for that would be, before I buy a
> whole bunch that turn up not to be of much use.

> Any help is much appreciated

Sun, 27 Jun 2004 08:48:50 GMT
 Can anyone recommend a good book for learining VB.NET

Quote:
> I've previously posted that I like Dan Appleman's book "Moving to VB.NET"
> and Gary Cornell/Jonathon Morrison's "Programming VB.NET..." These are
both
> from Apress. A new book "Visual Basic.NET Bible" arrived via UPS today and
> looks real promising. I was especially pleased to see what look to be some
> awesome chapters from our friend (and frequent source of help), Jacob
Grass.
> Publisher is Hungry Minds. ISBN is 0-7645-4826-3.

CONGRATULATIONS JACOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Glad to hear the book is out! Will have to be picking up a copy
soon!!!!!!!!!!

Cal

Sun, 27 Jun 2004 08:55:02 GMT
 Can anyone recommend a good book for learining VB.NET
Thanks for the endor{*filter*}t :-)

--
Jacob Grass
Microsoft .NET MVP

Quote:

> I've previously posted that I like Dan Appleman's book "Moving to VB.NET"
> and Gary Cornell/Jonathon Morrison's "Programming VB.NET..." These are both
> from Apress. A new book "Visual Basic.NET Bible" arrived via UPS today and
> looks real promising. I was especially pleased to see what look to be some
> awesome chapters from our friend (and frequent source of help), Jacob Grass.
> Publisher is Hungry Minds. ISBN is 0-7645-4826-3.

> --
> Jeff Rhodes
> Platte Canyon Multimedia Software Corporation

> > I've done some programming in VB 6, and need to learn VB.NET.  I'd like
> > people's opinions on what a good book for that would be, before I buy a
> > whole bunch that turn up not to be of much use.

> > Any help is much appreciated

Sun, 27 Jun 2004 23:55:37 GMT

1. Any good VB.NET book recommend?

2. .Can you recommend a good vb.net book?

3. Can anyone recommend a good book?

4. Can anyone recommend a good book on VBA?

5. Can anyone recommend a good book?

6. Can anyone recommend a good DB book?

7. Can anyone recomend to me a good book or document for VB.NET

8. Can anyone recommend Books on VB 5 and ODBC

9. Recommend good books on VB 5.0

10. Recommended VB.NET book for experienced student?

11. Can you recommend a VB.NET book ??

12. Plug for VB Black Book - recommended VB book