Crystal Reports - relative path in report file name
Author Message
 Crystal Reports - relative path in report file name

Hi Everybody!

Does anybody know how can I specify a relative path in the following line? Because, I want to call the .rpt from my ISP (URL).

crReportDocument.Load("C:\myReports\myReport.rpt", 'OpenReportMethod.OpenReportByTempCopy)
I have already tried in many ways, but it didn't work.

Thanks in advance.

Erich.

Mon, 16 May 2005 04:58:49 GMT
 Crystal Reports - relative path in report file name

I think you need to use a mappath Statement on the server to get its physical path then append you remaining Path string

the following line looks for mdb file in db subdirectory and it seems to work :
Server.MapPath("db/dotnetplayground.mdb")

Perhaps you can help me with a problem  My pages containing crystal objects wont compile on the ISP server they return an error stating crystalDecisionsShared.dll is missing. Does the ISP need to support crystal. My understanding is that you can place crystall.DLL in a bin directory and use it from there.

If this is correct can you explain How to reference it?

Colin

  Hi Everybody!

  Does anybody know how can I specify a relative path in the following line? Because, I want to call the .rpt from my ISP (URL).

  crReportDocument.Load("C:\myReports\myReport.rpt", 'OpenReportMethod.OpenReportByTempCopy)
  I have already tried in many ways, but it didn't work.

  Thanks in advance.

  Erich.

Mon, 16 May 2005 17:29:04 GMT
 Crystal Reports - relative path in report file name

Colin,

Are you suggesting I should write my code like this?

Dim strReport As String = Server.MapPath("myReport.rpt")
crReportDocument.Load(strReport , 'OpenReportMethod.OpenReportByTempCopy)

About your problem:

I'm having the same problem and the Crystal Decisions' Team told me that my ISP should have the CR.NET licenses installed on the server. The problem is that the licenses are very expensive and it's too hard to find some ISP who supports CR.NET. I couldn't find it up to now.

I asked them for another alternative and I'm waiting for a response. For awhile I'm working with local reports only.

I hope it can help you and if you figure out something else, please let me know.

Thanks in advance,

Erich.
[...]

Tue, 17 May 2005 02:15:59 GMT
 Crystal Reports - relative path in report file name

I am hoping that your syntax will work, (if you put response.write(server.mappath) on an asp.net page you get the full path to the page).

I am currently embedding my reports in the exe, I am still looking for a method that will allow me to distribute parameterised reports without shipping new exe's  Thats why I put my reports on the web (or tried to).

Another method I thought of was to expose the report as a web service (but this also hits licensing restriction)

We need to find a royalty free reporting tool, Others in the group that have gone through the same curve and are evaluating activeReports: http://www.datadynamics.com/activereports/

But as I have crystal experience I was hoping to stick with it for a bit longer

Another option I have tried is creating Web Reports using a webBrowserControl as a viewer to display a formatted HTML report but I found report paging to be difficult to master

Colin

[...]

Mon, 16 May 2005 22:06:39 GMT

1. Best method of determining path, relative path and/or flie name

2. How can I store relative database path in report

3. Can you define report path for crystal reports?

4. Crystal Reports: Change the name of the report tab

5. Set the Data Link File path in crystal report by Visual Basic coding

6. .mdb file path in crystal report

7. CRYSTAL REPORTS 5: Relative Frequencies

8. CRYSTAL REPORTS 5: Relative Frequencies

9. Printing Crystal Reports without Crystal Control ActiveX or Crystal Reports API call

10. Crystal Reports 6 and Setting MDB File Name and Location

11. Crystal Reports 6 and Setting MDB File Name and Location

12. crystal reports and printing graphics using a file name in a field