Min, Max Buttons
Author Message
 Min, Max Buttons

In order to not allow the user to minimize Child form in MDI application I
tried to assign to FormBorderStyle different values, I tried to set
MinButton, MaxButton and ControlBox to False. Nothing seems to work. In
design those button disappear, but in run mode Min and Max button are there
again. How can I hide or delete them?
Thank you.
Vlad

Thu, 30 Sep 2004 11:10:08 GMT
 Min, Max Buttons
If you set MaxButton and MinButton to false, they shouldn't appear.

Quote:
> In order to not allow the user to minimize Child form in MDI application I
> tried to assign to FormBorderStyle different values, I tried to set
> MinButton, MaxButton and ControlBox to False. Nothing seems to work. In
> design those button disappear, but in run mode Min and Max button are
there
> again. How can I hide or delete them?
> Thank you.
> Vlad

Thu, 30 Sep 2004 11:45:24 GMT
 Min, Max Buttons
Etienne,

No disrespect, but you are wrong.  In regards to MDI Child forms, the min,
max, close buttons still appear even when set to false in the properties.
I've too have asked this question and never received a response.

Richard Rosenheim

Quote:
> If you set MaxButton and MinButton to false, they shouldn't appear.

> > In order to not allow the user to minimize Child form in MDI application
> > tried to assign to FormBorderStyle different values, I tried to set
> > MinButton, MaxButton and ControlBox to False. Nothing seems to work. In
> > design those button disappear, but in run mode Min and Max button are
> there
> > again. How can I hide or delete them?
> > Thank you.
> > Vlad

Thu, 30 Sep 2004 15:42:02 GMT
 Min, Max Buttons
Yes, they still do appear.
Vlad

Quote:
> If you set MaxButton and MinButton to false, they shouldn't appear.

> > In order to not allow the user to minimize Child form in MDI application
> > tried to assign to FormBorderStyle different values, I tried to set
> > MinButton, MaxButton and ControlBox to False. Nothing seems to work. In
> > design those button disappear, but in run mode Min and Max button are
> there
> > again. How can I hide or delete them?
> > Thank you.
> > Vlad

Thu, 30 Sep 2004 21:19:32 GMT
 Min, Max Buttons
I have a final version of VS.Net (Architect edition)
I also maximize Child window when it loads. And I have both Min and Max
buttons visible and enabled. CloseBox is visible and disabled.
Vlad

Quote:
> I've done a very simple application with a parent MDI form and a child.
I've
> set MinimizeBox and MaximizeBox to false, and the buttons doesn't appear.
If
> you run it, does it appear?

> Do you have a beta or the final version?

> > Yes, they still do appear.
> > Vlad

> > > If you set MaxButton and MinButton to false, they shouldn't appear.

> application
> In
> > > there

Thu, 30 Sep 2004 22:58:08 GMT
 Min, Max Buttons
Have you seen the attachment of my previous message? What does it do when
you run it?

Quote:
> I have a final version of VS.Net (Architect edition)
> I also maximize Child window when it loads. And I have both Min and Max
> buttons visible and enabled. CloseBox is visible and disabled.
> Vlad

> > I've done a very simple application with a parent MDI form and a child.
> I've
> > set MinimizeBox and MaximizeBox to false, and the buttons doesn't
appear.
> If
> > you run it, does it appear?

> > Do you have a beta or the final version?

> > > Yes, they still do appear.
> > > Vlad

> > application
> > In
> are

Thu, 30 Sep 2004 23:15:20 GMT
 Min, Max Buttons
The only way to get rid of the min/max buttons is by setting the
FormBorderStyle of the mdi child to 'None'.

Quote:
> In order to not allow the user to minimize Child form in MDI application I
> tried to assign to FormBorderStyle different values, I tried to set
> MinButton, MaxButton and ControlBox to False. Nothing seems to work. In
> design those button disappear, but in run mode Min and Max button are
there
> again. How can I hide or delete them?
> Thank you.
> Vlad

Thu, 30 Sep 2004 23:41:47 GMT
 Min, Max Buttons
Oh, I did not pay attention on attachment. Sorry.
Now I ran it and Child doesn't show Min and Max buttons as well as CloseBox
after I set it to False. Then, because I need Child to cover entire client
area of MDI I set WindowState Maximized in code. Since that it displace
RestoreButton. If I set WindowState Maximized in Properties Window it
displays Minimize button too. I started with this situation and sorry if I
was not clear enough to explain my problem.
So it still doesn't work.
Vlad

Quote:
> Have you seen the attachment of my previous message? What does it do when
> you run it?

> > I have a final version of VS.Net (Architect edition)
> > I also maximize Child window when it loads. And I have both Min and Max
> > buttons visible and enabled. CloseBox is visible and disabled.
> > Vlad

> > > I've done a very simple application with a parent MDI form and a
child.
> > I've
> > > set MinimizeBox and MaximizeBox to false, and the buttons doesn't
> appear.
> > If
> > > you run it, does it appear?

> > > Do you have a beta or the final version?

appear.

> > > application
> set
> work.
> > > In
> > are

Fri, 01 Oct 2004 04:17:48 GMT
 Min, Max Buttons
I did it too, but the buttons are still there if I set WindowState to be
Maximized either in properies window or in code.
Vlad

Quote:
> The only way to get rid of the min/max buttons is by setting the
> FormBorderStyle of the mdi child to 'None'.

> > In order to not allow the user to minimize Child form in MDI application
> > tried to assign to FormBorderStyle different values, I tried to set
> > MinButton, MaxButton and ControlBox to False. Nothing seems to work. In
> > design those button disappear, but in run mode Min and Max button are
> there
> > again. How can I hide or delete them?
> > Thank you.
> > Vlad

Fri, 01 Oct 2004 04:24:02 GMT
 Min, Max Buttons
why do you want to maximize a form that can't be maximized?

Quote:
> Oh, I did not pay attention on attachment. Sorry.
> Now I ran it and Child doesn't show Min and Max buttons as well as
CloseBox
> after I set it to False. Then, because I need Child to cover entire client
> area of MDI I set WindowState Maximized in code. Since that it displace
> RestoreButton. If I set WindowState Maximized in Properties Window it
> displays Minimize button too. I started with this situation and sorry if I
> was not clear enough to explain my problem.
> So it still doesn't work.
> Vlad

> > Have you seen the attachment of my previous message? What does it do
when
> > you run it?

> > > I have a final version of VS.Net (Architect edition)
> > > I also maximize Child window when it loads. And I have both Min and
Max
> > > buttons visible and enabled. CloseBox is visible and disabled.
> > > Vlad

> child.
> > > I've
> > appear.
> > > If

> appear.

> > set
> > work.
> button
> > > are

Fri, 01 Oct 2004 06:23:19 GMT
 Min, Max Buttons
Vlad,

I don't know if it is going to solve the Min, Max, Close button problem, but
to determine the size of the client area, use Me.ClientSize.Height and
Me.ClientSize.Width.  Let me know how it works out.

Richard Rosenheim

Quote:
> I have a VB6 application. It uses MDI design. I attached a screen shot.
> There is an MDI form with Sheridan Active List Bar and one the many Child
> forms. Only 1 of childs (children) can be displayed at a time. Child
doesn't
> have Min, Max and Control buttons and can't be closed or minimized by
using
> its controls. It can be done from Active List Bar on MDI only. I do not
> maximize child window in VB6 version. I can resize Child by setting its
> Width = MDIForm.ScaleWidth and Height=MDI.ScaleHeight. Because there is no
> ScaleWidth and ScaleHeight in VB.Net I tried to calculate the size of
client
> area of MDI to make the size of the Child = the size of client area. I had
> no success. I've got an advice to maximize my Child. It works, but now I
> have those buttons. Look at VB6 screen shot. There are no Max and Min
> buttons for Child. I would like to have similar appearance in VB.Net.
> What do you mean saying that "a form that can't be maximized?" It's
> maximized actually when I'm using F.WindowState =

FormWindowState.Maximized

> But this statement also brings back those MinimizeBox, MaximizeBox. And I
do
> not want to have them.
> Thank you
> Vlad

> > why do you want to maximize a form that can't be maximized?

> > > Oh, I did not pay attention on attachment. Sorry.
> > > Now I ran it and Child doesn't show Min and Max buttons as well as
> > CloseBox
> > > after I set it to False. Then, because I need Child to cover entire
> client
> > > area of MDI I set WindowState Maximized in code. Since that it
displace
> > > RestoreButton. If I set WindowState Maximized in Properties Window it
> > > displays Minimize button too. I started with this situation and sorry
if
> > > was not clear enough to explain my problem.
> > > So it still doesn't work.
> > > Vlad

> > when

> > Max

> > > child.

> > > appear.

MDI
> > > button

Fri, 01 Oct 2004 15:19:30 GMT

 [ 23 post ]  Go to page: [1] [2]

 Relevant Pages

1. min/max button ?

2. MDI Form Min/Max Button

3. Disabling control box but not min/max buttons

4. Min Max Button

5. How to hide the min/max buttons in a MDI form

6. how do I disable controlbox exit button "X" and keep the min max buttons

7. MDI child form, Min and Max buttons

8. Q: Overriding min,max,rstr Buttons

9. Disabling Min and Max buttons on MDI Form

10. Disabling Min, Max, and Close buttons on MDI form

11. Parent MDI form without Min and Max Buttons?

12. Min-Max-System-Buttons