What's the diference between ADO and ADO.NET? Besides being disconected,
what do I gain with ADO.NET that I should stop using ADO and learn a hell
lot of new stuff on ADO.NET?

Mon, 20 Sep 2004 21:14:55 GMT
 Diference between ADO and ADO.NET?
If you are coding COM, I would not take any time to learn ADO.NET. For .NET,
performance is another good reason to learn ADO.NET. Using ADO in .NET means
COM Interop, which is slower than an applciation with .NET classes only.

--
Gregory A. Beamer
MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA
Author: ADO.NET and XML: ASP.NET on the Edge

****
Think outside the box!
****

Quote:
> What's the diference between ADO and ADO.NET? Besides being disconected,
> what do I gain with ADO.NET that I should stop using ADO and learn a hell
> lot of new stuff on ADO.NET?

Tue, 21 Sep 2004 00:05:02 GMT
 Diference between ADO and ADO.NET?
Manuel,

Mike Pizzo wrote a whitepaper on this very subject that you might helpful.
It's at
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dndo...
ml/adonetprogmsdn.asp.

Regards,
Sean

Quote:
> What's the diference between ADO and ADO.NET? Besides being disconected,
> what do I gain with ADO.NET that I should stop using ADO and learn a hell
> lot of new stuff on ADO.NET?

Wed, 22 Sep 2004 01:36:53 GMT

1. ADO ADO ADO ADO ADO VB examples / samples book wanted

2. ADO To ADO.NET

3. ADO and ADO.NET

4. Recreate ADO Recorset in ADO.NET

5. Hierarchical ADO recordset -> ADO.NET Dataset Fill

6. ADO/ADO.NET to Access db question

7. ADO vs ADO.NET

8. Which is more quickly ADO or ADO.NET

9. is there difference between ado+ and ado.net?

10. ADO.NET with ASP.NET using VB.NET

11. ADO Control against ADO 2.1 and ADO 2.0

12. ADO.Net/ASP.Net strategies for tabulating resultsets