what's the difference
Author Message
 what's the difference

Hi everyone,
Whats the difference between these two code snippets? First one works
perfect, the second one throws an error.

Me.ImagePoolArrayFullSize(0).RotateFlip(RotateFlipType.Rotate270FlipNone)
Me.ImagePoolArrayFullSize(0).Save("C:\webpages\classicphotography\GradIdenti
ficationProgram\Thumbnails\biteme.jpg", ImageFormat.Jpeg)

Dim ImagePoolLabelArrayFullSize(7) As String
ImagePoolLabelArrayFullSize(0) =
"C:\webpages\classicphotography\GradIdentificationProgram\Thumbnails\biteme.
jpg"

Me.ImagePoolArrayFullSize(0).RotateFlip(RotateFlipType.Rotate270FlipNone)
Me.ImagePoolArrayFullSize(0).Save(ImagePoolLabelArrayFullSize(0),
ImageFormat.Jpeg)

I've tried variation for the passed variable, such as
Me.ImagePoolLabelArrayFullSize(0)
Me.ImagePoolLabelArrayFullSize(0).ToString
ImagePoolLabelArrayFullSize(0).ToString

I'm new to this stuff, so I am sure it is some little syntax thing

thanks,
Jason

Fri, 02 Sep 2005 06:24:50 GMT
 what's the difference
Hi Jason or ? ;),

What error are you getting?

Happy To Help,
Tom Spink

http://dotnetx.betasafe.com >> VB, VB.NET, C#, C++ Code

Please respond to the newsgroups, so all can benefit.

One day

Quote:
> Hi everyone,
> Whats the difference between these two code snippets? First one works
> perfect, the second one throws an error.

> Me.ImagePoolArrayFullSize(0).RotateFlip(RotateFlipType.Rotate270FlipNone)

Me.ImagePoolArrayFullSize(0).Save("C:\webpages\classicphotography\GradIdenti
Quote:
> ficationProgram\Thumbnails\biteme.jpg", ImageFormat.Jpeg)

> Dim ImagePoolLabelArrayFullSize(7) As String
> ImagePoolLabelArrayFullSize(0) =

"C:\webpages\classicphotography\GradIdentificationProgram\Thumbnails\biteme.
Quote:
> jpg"

> Me.ImagePoolArrayFullSize(0).RotateFlip(RotateFlipType.Rotate270FlipNone)
> Me.ImagePoolArrayFullSize(0).Save(ImagePoolLabelArrayFullSize(0),
> ImageFormat.Jpeg)

> I've tried variation for the passed variable, such as
> Me.ImagePoolLabelArrayFullSize(0)
> Me.ImagePoolLabelArrayFullSize(0).ToString
> ImagePoolLabelArrayFullSize(0).ToString

> I'm new to this stuff, so I am sure it is some little syntax thing

> thanks,
> Jason

Fri, 02 Sep 2005 06:40:16 GMT
 what's the difference
one of those ones I have no idea what it means :)

An unhandled exception of type
'System.Runtime.InteropServices.ExternalException' occurred in
system.drawing.dll

Additional information: A generic error occurred in GDI+.

LOL generic.

Quote:
> Hi Jason or ? ;),

> What error are you getting?

> --
> Happy To Help,
> Tom Spink

> http://dotnetx.betasafe.com >> VB, VB.NET, C#, C++ Code

> Please respond to the newsgroups, so all can benefit.

> One day

> > Hi everyone,
> > Whats the difference between these two code snippets? First one works
> > perfect, the second one throws an error.

Me.ImagePoolArrayFullSize(0).RotateFlip(RotateFlipType.Rotate270FlipNone)
Me.ImagePoolArrayFullSize(0).Save("C:\webpages\classicphotography\GradIdenti
Quote:
> > ficationProgram\Thumbnails\biteme.jpg", ImageFormat.Jpeg)

> --

> > Dim ImagePoolLabelArrayFullSize(7) As String
> > ImagePoolLabelArrayFullSize(0) =

"C:\webpages\classicphotography\GradIdentificationProgram\Thumbnails\biteme.
Quote:
> > jpg"

Me.ImagePoolArrayFullSize(0).RotateFlip(RotateFlipType.Rotate270FlipNone)

> > Me.ImagePoolArrayFullSize(0).Save(ImagePoolLabelArrayFullSize(0),
> > ImageFormat.Jpeg)

> > I've tried variation for the passed variable, such as
> > Me.ImagePoolLabelArrayFullSize(0)
> > Me.ImagePoolLabelArrayFullSize(0).ToString
> > ImagePoolLabelArrayFullSize(0).ToString

> > I'm new to this stuff, so I am sure it is some little syntax thing

> > thanks,
> > Jason

Fri, 02 Sep 2005 08:10:30 GMT
 what's the difference
Hello Jason,

Quote:

)

------

> Dim ImagePoolLabelArrayFullSize(7) As String
> ImagePoolLabelArrayFullSize(0) =

"C:\webpages\classicphotography\GradIdentificationProgram\Thumbnails\bit
eme.
Quote:
> jpg"

Me.ImagePoolArrayFullSize(0).RotateFlip(RotateFlipType.Rotate270FlipNone
)

Quote:
> Me.ImagePoolArrayFullSize(0).Save(ImagePoolLabelArrayFullSize(0),
> ImageFormat.Jpeg)

Should work. Are you sure, ImagePoolLabelArrayFullSize(0) contains a
valid filename? You can check the filename by adding a
MsgBox(ImagePoolLabelArrayFullSize(0)).

Regards,
Herfried K. Wagner

Fri, 02 Sep 2005 08:56:31 GMT
 what's the difference

Quote:
> Hello Jason,

> > Whats the difference between these two code snippets? First one works
> > perfect, the second one throws an error.

> Me.ImagePoolArrayFullSize(0).RotateFlip(RotateFlipType.Rotate270FlipNone
> )

> Me.ImagePoolArrayFullSize(0).Save("C:\webpages\classicphotography\GradId
> enti
> > ficationProgram\Thumbnails\biteme.jpg", ImageFormat.Jpeg)

> ------

> > Dim ImagePoolLabelArrayFullSize(7) As String
> > ImagePoolLabelArrayFullSize(0) =

> "C:\webpages\classicphotography\GradIdentificationProgram\Thumbnails\bit
> eme.
> > jpg"

> Me.ImagePoolArrayFullSize(0).RotateFlip(RotateFlipType.Rotate270FlipNone
> )
> > Me.ImagePoolArrayFullSize(0).Save(ImagePoolLabelArrayFullSize(0),
> > ImageFormat.Jpeg)

> Should work. Are you sure, ImagePoolLabelArrayFullSize(0) contains a
> valid filename? You can check the filename by adding a
> MsgBox(ImagePoolLabelArrayFullSize(0)).

> Regards,
> Herfried K. Wagner

Herfried,
I had created a label that tells me what the variable is equal to. It is
equal to:
"C:\webpages\classicphotography\GradIdentificationProgram\Thumbnails\biteme.
jpg"

this is so puzzling I think I'll just leave it alone for tonight and come
back to it in the morning.

Fri, 02 Sep 2005 09:31:47 GMT
 what's the difference
This error is generated if an invalid file path is given, or if the file
can't be written to because it's open or read-only
Check that the file is not locked by another application such as an editor.
Try deleting the destination file and see if your code then runs properly.

Cheers,
  Jason

Quote:

> one of those ones I have no idea what it means :)

> An unhandled exception of type
> 'System.Runtime.InteropServices.ExternalException' occurred in
> system.drawing.dll

> Additional information: A generic error occurred in GDI+.

> LOL generic.

>> Hi Jason or ? ;),

>> What error are you getting?

>> --
>> Happy To Help,
>> Tom Spink

>> http://dotnetx.betasafe.com >> VB, VB.NET, C#, C++ Code

>> Please respond to the newsgroups, so all can benefit.

>> One day

>>> Hi everyone,
>>> Whats the difference between these two code snippets? First one works
>>> perfect, the second one throws an error.

> Me.ImagePoolArrayFullSize(0).RotateFlip(RotateFlipType.Rotate270FlipNone)

> Me.ImagePoolArrayFullSize(0).Save("C:\webpages\classicphotography\GradIdenti
>>> ficationProgram\Thumbnails\biteme.jpg", ImageFormat.Jpeg)

>> --

>>> Dim ImagePoolLabelArrayFullSize(7) As String
>>> ImagePoolLabelArrayFullSize(0) =

> "C:\webpages\classicphotography\GradIdentificationProgram\Thumbnails\biteme.
>>> jpg"

> Me.ImagePoolArrayFullSize(0).RotateFlip(RotateFlipType.Rotate270FlipNone)
>>> Me.ImagePoolArrayFullSize(0).Save(ImagePoolLabelArrayFullSize(0),
>>> ImageFormat.Jpeg)

>>> I've tried variation for the passed variable, such as
>>> Me.ImagePoolLabelArrayFullSize(0)
>>> Me.ImagePoolLabelArrayFullSize(0).ToString
>>> ImagePoolLabelArrayFullSize(0).ToString

>>> I'm new to this stuff, so I am sure it is some little syntax thing

>>> thanks,
>>> Jason

Fri, 02 Sep 2005 09:36:44 GMT

1. what's the difference...(chr(13)) and vbCr

2. What's the difference between ....

3. What's the difference between .Send and .Save

4. What's the difference

5. In this case, what's the difference between CSharp and VB.NET Exception Handling

6. what's the difference

7. Where's the difference

8. What's the difference?

9. What's the difference

10. OCX vs DLL: what's the difference ?

11. what's the difference?

12. Join and Where: What's the difference?