Dataview sort problems with SQL Server
Author Message
 Dataview sort problems with SQL Server

Hi,

I am using the dataview.sort method to resort some data loaded from a
sql server database.

This works fine for "normal" fields where i am sending in an actual
table column name, but when i try to resort the data using a calculated
field from the query (for example, my query contains something like
'select cast(fieldx/fieldy as decimal) as NewField') the data simply
does not resort.

Does anyone know what i need to do to get the dataview to treat these
fields 'normally?'

Thanks in advance,

Austin Rathe

Remove animal from email address to reply

Tue, 06 Dec 2005 00:31:52 GMT
 Dataview sort problems with SQL Server
Hello,

Quote:
> I am using the dataview.sort method to resort some data loaded from a
> sql server database.

INFO: Newsgroup for .NET+database (ADO .NET) questions:

Regards,
Herfried K. Wagner
--
MVP VB Classic, VB .NET
http://www.mvps.org/dotnet

Tue, 06 Dec 2005 01:24:53 GMT

1. VB Sql Server Via ADO Problem: [Microsoft][ODBC Sql Server Driver]

2. DataView sort

3. Sorting Dataview from XML

4. How to sort dataview table on string datatype column contains all numbers:

5. Sorting DataView using a column from its ParentRow (DataRelation)

6. Sorting with dataview

7. Sort order in dataview

8. Sorting DataView using a column from its ParentRow (DataRelation) - Revisit

9. Sorting in a Dataview

10. Sorting a DataView

11. How to restore the dataview after the rows in dataview are to be filtered

12. Sorting character data on SQL Server