Windows Service - Security Properties - account property
Author Message
 Windows Service - Security Properties - account property

Hi there

I've created a windows Service. it saves some system properties on shutdown
and reload and set them on startup.

Now my problem: There is a account Property in the service installer class
and i must choose the USER Value, that I can login with a local
Administrator User and the service is running. With the other values
Localservice,LocalSystem and NetworkService I always get an error
exception! Of course, with all values I can write to a log File, but I
can't set a default printer or other properties!

When I use the USER Value, my problem is that I'm not able to verify the
now logged in user. I always get the username I used while installing the
service. So my service is NOT to handle multi-user...

I get the actual user with the System.Environment.UserName Property!

Hope you can help me!

thanks&greez

Michel

Fri, 14 Oct 2005 21:51:48 GMT

1. Windows Service Properties

2. using dynamic properties in windows service

3. Invoking Windows Services property window from VB/VC++

4. Invoking Windows Services property window from VB/VC++

5. How Can I Create a Property Windows Like VB5 Properties Window

6. Role-Based Security Using User's Windows Account Info Not Working Under Win9x

7. Change account of already installed Windows Service

8. Account Property for a ContactItme

9. Change Default Account or Change Sender Properties - HELP !

10. change account properties

11. Changing Properties of User Account

12. Checking for Account Lockout property: AD