Reading and Writing to .ini files - help please.
Author Message
 Reading and Writing to .ini files - help please.

Haya!

I am writing a program that requires user changable settings, and some
settings that can be added or removed.

To do this, I plan to use the StreamReader and StreamWriter commands to find
and change the settings by looking for words incased in brackets [], and
reading the file line by line until a blank line is reached.

Is there a better / faster way to do this? A better command then
StreamReader and StreamWriter?

Any suggestions or comments appreciated!

Frosty

Mon, 06 Dec 2004 09:31:56 GMT
 Reading and Writing to .ini files - help please.
If you do a search on Google for ini for this group you'll get a return in
excess of 200 messages.

Hope this helps.

Bob Sargent

Quote:
> Haya!

> I am writing a program that requires user changable settings, and some
> settings that can be added or removed.

> To do this, I plan to use the StreamReader and StreamWriter commands to
find
> and change the settings by looking for words incased in brackets [], and
> reading the file line by line until a blank line is reached.

> Is there a better / faster way to do this? A better command then
> StreamReader and StreamWriter?

> Any suggestions or comments appreciated!

> Frosty

Mon, 06 Dec 2004 17:46:42 GMT
 Reading and Writing to .ini files - help please.
use XML !

---------------
Tom Deseyn

Tue, 07 Dec 2004 03:09:48 GMT

1. I can Write but not read from MyAppl.INI file HELP

2. Read/Write INI Files w/Access 7.0

3. Ini-file, read write and empty lines.

4. Reading and writing from and to ini files

5. read/write an .ini file

6. Reading and writing to an INI file?

7. Read and Write to INI files

8. Reading/writing to an INI file

9. Reading / Writing an INI file

10. Reading / Writing an INI file

11. How to read and write an ini file with Qbasic 4.5

12. Reading/Writing to the Registry and .INI file???