Returning max and min column values
Author Message
 Returning max and min column values

Hi,

I guess this may be trivial, but I seem to not be able to work it out.

I have a Table with 3 column created and populated at runtime which is bound
to a data grid. I want to be able to find the maximum and minimum valuse for
two of the colums. As I understand it you can use an expression to find
these values, such as
dataSet.Tables("coordinateTable").Columns("Easting").Expression =
"Max(Easting)"

But this does not seem to work for me. Does anybody have any idea what I am
doing wrong?

Andrew H.

Fri, 05 Aug 2005 07:43:19 GMT
 Returning max and min column values
you need to work with the rows collection of a table  to use find or select
methods, but i dont think any of these is fast enough to work on GIS data in
a large Dataset you are going to need co-ords in a composite clustered
primary key and Database searches I think

Colin

Quote:
> Hi,

> I guess this may be trivial, but I seem to not be able to work it out.

> I have a Table with 3 column created and populated at runtime which is
bound
> to a data grid. I want to be able to find the maximum and minimum valuse
for
> two of the colums. As I understand it you can use an expression to find
> these values, such as
> dataSet.Tables("coordinateTable").Columns("Easting").Expression =
> "Max(Easting)"

> But this does not seem to work for me. Does anybody have any idea what I
am
> doing wrong?

> Andrew H.

Fri, 05 Aug 2005 17:48:44 GMT

1. Setting min and max values on chart's y-axis

2. Programming the min and max values of an axis

3. max / min value in a listbox

4. Finding Max or Min Values - HELP!!!!

5. Scrollbar problem with min and max values

6. Max and Min values

7. Vertical slider Max/Min values...

8. Min & Max Values on Axis

9. Min and Max values of text field per page

10. Hot to get MAx and MIN value in a database

11. Columns().Value with 3276 records max?

12. Column.Value() with 3276 rows max?