vb.net newbie needs help with basic XML parsing
Author Message
 vb.net newbie needs help with basic XML parsing

I have an app that is a little strange.

I am connected via ethernet & tcp/ip to a device.

I make a request via a "telnet" connection to it and it returns the
following information as a string (vbcrlf) means it has a carriage rtn &
line feed in the string.

"1(vbcrlf)27(vbcrlf)<FLOAT>216.000015</FLOAT>(vbcrlf)

two questions

Is there an easy way to get just what is between the FLOAT tags?

How do I handle it if there is many <FLOAT> tags in the string?

thanks for any help.

Mon, 06 Jun 2005 22:56:59 GMT

1. XML Newbie Needs Help With Parsing

2. Date problems with XML in ASP.NET / VB.NET- newbie question

3. Basic XML parse in VB COM question...

4. HELP - I need to parse xml with vbscript

5. XML parsing in .net

6. newbie needs help printing in vb.net

7. VB.NET newbie needs help!

8. vb.net newbie needs help with picture viewer program

9. newbie needs help parsing csv file

10. Newbie needs help parsing strings

11. Parsing XML from an ASP page that Creates XML fails

12. Parsing Email with VB.NET HELP