cut copy and paste
Author Message
 cut copy and paste

Copy (text):

        Clipboard.SetDataObject(txtAddClipboard.Text)

Paste:

        txtAddClipboard.Text =
Clipboard.GetDataObject.GetData(DataFormats.Text)

Sat, 04 Sep 2004 01:29:19 GMT
 cut copy and paste

Quote:
> I am trying to make a simple word processor and do not
> know the objects for cut copy and paste. I looked in an
> old VB6 book and it is saying Clipboard.SetText and
> Clipboard.GetText but All I get out of VB.NET is
> Clipboard.SetDataObject and Clipboard.GetDataObject So
> how do I cut copy and paste?

You can now store anything on the Clipboard with the SetDataObject.
It's not limited to just text.  If that's all you're using, you can
simply:

Clipboard.SetDataObject(TextBox1.Text)

and

TextBox1.Text = Clipboard.GetDataObject()

--
Patrick Steele
Microsoft .NET MVP

Sat, 04 Sep 2004 01:34:08 GMT

1. cut, copy and paste

2. Cut, Copy and Paste in the menu bar

3. cut, copy, and paste

4. cut,copy, and paste

5. Cut, Copy, and Paste in TreeView

6. Cut, Copy and Paste buttons?

7. Cut, copy, and paste with TreeView

8. RichText box control and Clipboard, cut, copy and paste

9. programming cut, copy, and paste

10. Function Cut, Copy and Paste in webbrowser control

11. Cut, Copy and Paste

12. Cut, Copy and Paste