VB.net Running on Windows 98
Author Message
 VB.net Running on Windows 98

I have a VB.net app.  that uses Access and the Jet 3.5
Provider. When I run this app. on Windows 98 I get a error
message about the recordset being in valid.  This app runs
fine on XP.  Help...

Sun, 06 Nov 2005 19:03:09 GMT
 VB.net Running on Windows 98
Hi

Most likely you need the latest version of MDAC. XP has version 2.7

Get it at
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=b41304ca-874...

John

Quote:
> I have a VB.net app.  that uses Access and the Jet 3.5
> Provider. When I run this app. on Windows 98 I get a error
> message about the recordset being in valid.  This app runs
> fine on XP.  Help...

Sun, 06 Nov 2005 18:31:36 GMT
 VB.net Running on Windows 98
You will also need to install Jet on the client computer, since MDAC 2.7
does not include it, as best IO recall.

Quote:
> Hi

> Most likely you need the latest version of MDAC. XP has version 2.7

> Get it at

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=b41304ca-874...
Quote:

> John

> > I have a VB.net app.  that uses Access and the Jet 3.5
> > Provider. When I run this app. on Windows 98 I get a error
> > message about the recordset being in valid.  This app runs
> > fine on XP.  Help...

Mon, 07 Nov 2005 01:43:34 GMT

1. can I use vb.net to develop application for windows-98

2. Error running VB/net on 98

3. Application runs with Windows 95/NT, but doesn't work with Windows 98

4. Reading the S.M.A.R.T. Drive stuff from VB on Windows 98 or Windows NT

5. Trouble with System.Net.Sockets.Socket under Windows 98

6. dot net apps working OK in Windows 98??

7. Visual basic runs on windows 98 but not nt4.0

8. Program not running on Windows 98 (oleaut32.dll)

9. How do I run pgm with two windows on Win 98 dual monitor

10. Getting a list of Running Tasks in Windows 98

11. Help API GetCaretPos in window running a Dos App shelled from windows 95/98

12. Any Windows 98 and Office 98 issues?