ADO 2.7 in VB.NET
Author Message
 ADO 2.7 in VB.NET

Hi,

1. Can I use the new VB.NET DataGrid with ADO 2.7 recordset, or I have to
use the old DataGrid from the Customize Toolbox window?
2. Does all the old components has prefix "Ax" in VB.NET?

Wed, 16 Feb 2005 16:36:20 GMT
 ADO 2.7 in VB.NET
The best way to try ADO classic in a VB.NET application is to use the VS.NET
Upgrade Wizard. It will convert your ADO classic code to run in VB.NET. No,
it does not convert it to ADO.NET.

--
William (Bill) Vaughn
Author, Trainer, Mentor

www.betav.com

Please reply only to the newsgroup so that others can benefit. When posting,
________________________________

Quote:
> Hi,

> 1. Can I use the new VB.NET DataGrid with ADO 2.7 recordset, or I have to
> use the old DataGrid from the Customize Toolbox window?
> 2. Does all the old components has prefix "Ax" in VB.NET?

Thu, 17 Feb 2005 01:01:08 GMT
 ADO 2.7 in VB.NET
Hi,

In .NET, you can fill ADO Recordset into Dataset and bind the Dataset to
the Datagrid. Here is a sample you can check:

HOW TO: Use the OleDbDataAdapter to Fill a DataSet from an ADO Recordset in
Visual Basic .NET
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;q310349&

Regards,
Elan Zhou
Got .Net?  http://www.gotdotnet.com

Sun, 20 Feb 2005 13:42:09 GMT

1. ADO 2.7 in VB.NET

2. ADO 2.7 in VB.NET

3. ADO 2.7 in VB.NET

4. Datagrid with ADO 2.7

5. Setting the ActiveConnection property of a Command Object (ADO 2.7)

6. ADO 2.7 recordset binding

7. using ADO 2.7 on Windows 95 machine

8. ado 2.7

9. ADO 2.7 and References

10. ADO 2.7 mishandling Identity fields

11. ADO 2.7 Libary Question?

12. Question Ado 2.7 Field Object , Vb6.0