Capture F1 key input
Author Message
 Capture F1 key input

Hi All,

Is it possible in VB.Net to detect if the user has pressed one of the
function keys, such as F1 so I can display my own help information?

Thanks,
Steve Norman

Fri, 21 Jan 2005 22:48:46 GMT
 Capture F1 key input
Protected Overrides Function ProcessDialogKey(keyData As
System.Windows.Forms.Keys) As Boolean
   If keyData = Keys.F1 Then
      Console.WriteLine("F1 hit")
   End If
   Return MyBase.ProcessDialogKey(keyData)
End Function 'ProcessDialogKey

Quote:
> Hi All,

> Is it possible in VB.Net to detect if the user has pressed one of the
> function keys, such as F1 so I can display my own help information?

> Thanks,
> Steve Norman

Fri, 21 Jan 2005 22:59:01 GMT
 Capture F1 key input
Why don't you use Form's HelpRequested event?

Corrado

Fri, 21 Jan 2005 23:06:38 GMT

1. Capture F1-F12 Keys

2. API Call - Minimized App To Test Input of Mouse And Key Input

3. Capturing Tab key and Shift-Tab key

4. Disable keys or Capture keys

5. Need to disable F1 key.

6. Showing custom Help by pressing the F1 key

7. Can't get the HelpProvider to work with the F1 key

8. F1 - F5 key calls...

9. How do you trap for F1 key

10. Easy - Displaying help NOT via F1 key - How?

11. F1 key and context ID

12. Help context ID and F1 key