Sprite graphic sample code with Visual Basic.Net standard
Author Message
 Sprite graphic sample code with Visual Basic.Net standard

I just bought Visual Basic.net standard for my Windows XP computer.

I think the documentation is a little on the light side: it seems like
"sample" chapters of others books are included without the code to try
them out.

Anyway, I did a search of my hard drive and found a "sprite" graphic
of a little
dog with a cape at the following location on my hard drive:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio
.NET\FrameworkSDK\Samples\Technologies\Interop\Basic\DirectX\
DirectDraw\sample1\vb\sample2\vb

Does anyone know how to activate the code to run this sprite?
Where can I find it on my hard drive?

Also, I am looking for books on Visual Basic.net. . . Does anyone have
any
recommendations?  I have done coding with VBA and Visual Basic 6.0.

I noticed in the folder for the sprite above, the folder is named
"Sample2".
Does anyone know where I can find an inventory of these sample
programs
(online)?

Are there any links online that discuss how to access the sample
codes?

Thank you in advance.

Mon, 26 Sep 2005 23:47:11 GMT
 Sprite graphic sample code with Visual Basic.Net standard
Visual Basic.net documentation is the help file which can be found in the
help menu under contents.  The Microsoft Press Visual Basic.Net step by step
is a good first book.

Ken

> I just bought Visual Basic.net standard for my Windows XP computer.

> I think the documentation is a little on the light side: it seems like
> "sample" chapters of others books are included without the code to try
> them out.

> Anyway, I did a search of my hard drive and found a "sprite" graphic
> of a little
> dog with a cape at the following location on my hard drive:

> C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio
> .NET\FrameworkSDK\Samples\Technologies\Interop\Basic\DirectX\
> DirectDraw\sample1\vb\sample2\vb

> Does anyone know how to activate the code to run this sprite?
> Where can I find it on my hard drive?

> Also, I am looking for books on Visual Basic.net. . . Does anyone have
> any
> recommendations?  I have done coding with VBA and Visual Basic 6.0.

> I noticed in the folder for the sprite above, the folder is named
> "Sample2".
> Does anyone know where I can find an inventory of these sample
> programs
> (online)?

> Are there any links online that discuss how to access the sample
> codes?

> Thank you in advance.

Tue, 27 Sep 2005 00:22:32 GMT
 Sprite graphic sample code with Visual Basic.Net standard

Quote:
> Anyway, I did a search of my hard drive and found a "sprite" graphic
> of a little
> dog with a cape at the following location on my hard drive:

> C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio
> .NET\FrameworkSDK\Samples\Technologies\Interop\Basic\DirectX\
> DirectDraw\sample1\vb\sample2\vb

> Does anyone know how to activate the code to run this sprite?
> Where can I find it on my hard drive?

The directory should contain a "makefile" file.  This is used by the
command-line tool "nmake" to compile the sample.  I'm not sure if VB.NET
Standard comes with nmake, but go to a command-prompt, go to that
directory and enter "nmake".

--
Patrick Steele
Microsoft .NET MVP

Tue, 27 Sep 2005 00:38:21 GMT
 Sprite graphic sample code with Visual Basic.Net standard
Patrick:

Thank you for your response.

I also found some documentation about that file and "nmake all",
the "makefile", the sprite graphic, and a background graphic.

I think I may still be missing some info.

I believe that the instructions say what you mentioned, that I need to
type nmake all in the command line.

Do I do this within Visual Basic.net?  If so, how?

Are there any steps online that show step by step how to do it?

Thank you again.

Quote:

> > Anyway, I did a search of my hard drive and found a "sprite" graphic
> > of a little
> > dog with a cape at the following location on my hard drive:

> > C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio
> > .NET\FrameworkSDK\Samples\Technologies\Interop\Basic\DirectX\
> > DirectDraw\sample1\vb\sample2\vb

> > Does anyone know how to activate the code to run this sprite?
> > Where can I find it on my hard drive?

> The directory should contain a "makefile" file.  This is used by the
> command-line tool "nmake" to compile the sample.  I'm not sure if VB.NET
> Standard comes with nmake, but go to a command-prompt, go to that
> directory and enter "nmake".

Wed, 28 Sep 2005 02:23:46 GMT
 Sprite graphic sample code with Visual Basic.Net standard

Quote:
> I believe that the instructions say what you mentioned, that I need to
> type nmake all in the command line.

> Do I do this within Visual Basic.net?  If so, how?

No, just go to a DOS prompt, path to the sample directory and type
"nmake".

--
Patrick Steele
Microsoft .NET MVP
http://radio.weblogs.com/0110109

Wed, 28 Sep 2005 02:41:17 GMT

1. Can't Use Sample Code CD from Programming Visual Basic .Net (Balena)

2. Controllin Word with Visual Basic.net Standard 2002

3. Visual Basic .NET and ADO.NET code - Disconnected Updating Help

4. Write JScript .NET or Visual Basic .NET code directly inside IE

5. Visual Basic .net standard

6. Can Visual Basic .NET standard 2002 do databases?

7. Any sample code that works with Visual Studio.net Beta 2

8. sample chapters for Visual Basic.Net available

9. Visual Basic Coding Standards

10. Visual Basic coding standards