Printing filled polygons - Help help...
Author Message
 Printing filled polygons - Help help...

To make a long story short, I have a many sided polygon (a map of a
lake, to be precise) and I would like to print that polygon, filled with
colour. To put it on the screen, I have been using the API call
"POLYGON", but when I print the form, it comes out at a pretty clunky
resolution. Sure, I can draw the polygon using a series of lovely fine
lines,  but it can't be filled. Has anyone ever been able to get VB to
do this? (I am using VB-5, and am against the wall.....)
                        -Paul Leeson,

-any help or suggestions would be enormously appreciated!

Tue, 13 May 2003 02:07:04 GMT
 Printing filled polygons - Help help...
Perhaps it deppends on how you're printing. If you print directly to the
printer, you get the printer's resolution. If you first draw on screen and
them print that, you'll end up with much less resolition (for instance, a
640x480 screen has something like 72 dpi, while even the most basic ink jet
printer will do 300 dpi).

HTH,
Best Regards,

Miguel Santos

Quote:
>To make a long story short, I have a many sided polygon (a map of a
>lake, to be precise) and I would like to print that polygon, filled with
>colour. To put it on the screen, I have been using the API call
>"POLYGON", but when I print the form, it comes out at a pretty clunky
>resolution. Sure, I can draw the polygon using a series of lovely fine
>lines,  but it can't be filled. Has anyone ever been able to get VB to
>do this? (I am using VB-5, and am against the wall.....)
>                        -Paul Leeson,

>-any help or suggestions would be enormously appreciated!

Tue, 13 May 2003 01:33:22 GMT
 Printing filled polygons - Help help...
Err, OTOH this is a vb7/vb.net news, so that question really belongs in the
microsoft.public.vb.* ngs

Best Regards,

Miguel Santos

Quote:
>To make a long story short, I have a many sided polygon (a map of a
>lake, to be precise) and I would like to print that polygon, filled with
>colour. To put it on the screen, I have been using the API call
>"POLYGON", but when I print the form, it comes out at a pretty clunky
>resolution. Sure, I can draw the polygon using a series of lovely fine
>lines,  but it can't be filled. Has anyone ever been able to get VB to
>do this? (I am using VB-5, and am against the wall.....)
>                        -Paul Leeson,

>-any help or suggestions would be enormously appreciated!

Tue, 13 May 2003 01:35:38 GMT

1. Printing a filled polygon...help, help....

2. Help -- need advice on drawing color filled polygon in VB

3. Filling Polygons - Help

4. Help - Print - Help -Print - Help - Print - Help - Print - Help

5. HELP HELP HELP Set document name of print job from VB HELP HELP HELP

6. Generic polygon fill?

7. Scan-line polygon filling

8. advice neede on filling polygons

9. Fill Polygon

10. Polygon drawing and filling

11. Drawing polygon and fill color in VB

12. filling polygons