strange error trying to delete file with .aspx page (security policy, trust level BS)
Author Message
 strange error trying to delete file with .aspx page (security policy, trust level BS)

Here's the error:
Security Exception
by the security policy. To grant this application the required permission
please contact your system administrator or change the application's trust
level in the configuration file.

Exception Details: System.Security.SecurityException: Exception from
HRESULT: 0x800A0046.

Source Error:

Line 50: ' Instantiate the FileSystemObject variable
Line 51: fsObject = Server.CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
Line 52: if fsObject.FileExists(WorkFile) Then fsObject.DeleteFile(WorkFile)
Line 53: tsObject = fsObject.CreateTextFile(WorkFile)
Line 54: 'Response.write ("Listing=")

What does that mean?  I don't understand "security policy", "trust level",
or how to plug that into the config file, or even how this magically became
necessary.  The user accessing the page is authenticated, and has read
access to the page (capture.aspx) and full acess to the file (user.txt).
Until 1/2 hour ago, I've never seen this error before, and the page has
worked fine for weeks or testing.  I made a change to the page capture.aspx
to have it write another file in an unrelated subroutine, and got this
error.  I since changed back to the previous version of the file to start
over and trace my steps, but I'm still getting the error!!  What went wrong?

-DM

Sun, 25 Jul 2004 10:54:36 GMT

1. strange error trying to delete file with .aspx page (security policy, trust level BS)

2. Error sending ASPX pages in HTML mail

3. Response.BinaryWrite downloading aspx page instead of streamed file

4. Help: correction to aspx page, file locking

5. Error 800A0BB9 when trying to pass the Sql statement from page to page

6. Strange? Error trying to commit transaction

7. How to and where to set security policy

8. Security policy

9. Check Framework Security Policy Setting Via Code

10. Security Policy Settings

11. .EXE Deployment - System Security Policy Exeception

12. Very strange, intermittant error with Delete command