Opening the connection string.
Author Message
 Opening the connection string.

I have the set up for the connection string correct.  I
need to open the connection.

I am getting an error that says: 'Open' is not declared.
File I/O functionality is available in
the 'Microsoft.VisualBasic' namespace.

Also, I tried to Declare my connection, and it will only
give me the option of connectionstate.

Tue, 13 Sep 2005 02:04:41 GMT
 Opening the connection string.
We'll need the code to be helpful.

Quote:
> I have the set up for the connection string correct.  I
> need to open the connection.

> I am getting an error that says: 'Open' is not declared.
> File I/O functionality is available in
> the 'Microsoft.VisualBasic' namespace.

> Also, I tried to Declare my connection, and it will only
> give me the option of connectionstate.

Tue, 13 Sep 2005 02:16:34 GMT
 Opening the connection string.
Public Class Form1
    Inherits System.Windows.Forms.Form
    Dim cn As Connection
    Dim strsql As String
#Region " Windows Form Designer generated code "

    Public Sub New()
        MyBase.New()

        'This call is required by the Windows Form
Designer.
        InitializeComponent()

        'Add any initialization after the
InitializeComponent() call

    End Sub

    'Form overrides dispose to clean up the component list.
    Protected Overloads Overrides Sub Dispose(ByVal
disposing As Boolean)
        If disposing Then
            If Not (components Is Nothing) Then
                components.Dispose()
            End If
        End If
        MyBase.Dispose(disposing)
    End Sub

    'Required by the Windows Form Designer
    Private components As System.ComponentModel.IContainer

    'NOTE: The following procedure is required by the
Windows Form Designer
    'It can be modified using the Windows Form Designer.
    <System.Diagnostics.De{*filter*}StepThrough()> Private Sub
InitializeComponent()
        '
        'Form1
        '
        Me.AutoScaleBaseSize = New System.Drawing.Size(5,
13)
        Me.ClientSize = New System.Drawing.Size(408, 301)
        Me.Name = "Form1"
        Me.Text = "Form1"

    End Sub

#End Region

    Private Sub Form1_Load(ByVal sender As System.Object,
        cn.open("DSN=SIERRA;uid=SIERRA;pwd=SIERRA_1;")

    End Sub
End Class

Quote:

Tue, 13 Sep 2005 02:24:53 GMT
 Opening the connection string.
Hello Elena,

Quote:
> I have the set up for the connection string correct.  I
> need to open the connection.

> I am getting an error that says: 'Open' is not declared.
> File I/O functionality is available in
> the 'Microsoft.VisualBasic' namespace.

???

You can't open a database using VB's Open command or VB .NET's FileOpen.

Post some code!

Regards,
Herfried K. Wagner

Tue, 13 Sep 2005 02:25:22 GMT

1. Open/Close Connection String

2. connection string.open error

3. open connection string error

4. Alter datasource/connection string when opening a VB form

5. MS SQL connection string for remote internet connection?

6. Need Connection string for VB6 DAO DSN-LESS Connections to SQL Server 2000

7. Connection string for DSN-less Informix connection

8. Connection String vs. Connection Object

9. Connection: changing connection string in data environment

10. Need Connection string for VB6 DAO DSN-LESS Connections to SQL Server 2000

11. Connection Obj vs. Connection String

12. diff between active connection & connection string help