How to retrive object type from remote server by using remoting services
Author Message
 How to retrive object type from remote server by using remoting services

Dear All,

I would like to retrive the object type from remote server by using the
remoting services, but the only way I can do is to copy the DLL from server
to client. I had been seen a book which say we can use the WSDL to retrive
the object type, but I don't know how.
Could you anyone tell me how to generate a proxy at client without copy DLL
from server?

John Hu

Mon, 31 Jan 2005 05:47:08 GMT
 How to retrive object type from remote server by using remoting services
Hi,

If the server is using HTTP/SOAP, you can use the following steps to
generate the proxy class on the client:
1)      Keep the server host running.
2)      Type the command similar to the following:
      wsdl /language:VB /out:myProxyClass.vb
http://localhost:8085/SayHello?wsdl

For other related topics that you may be interested, you can check the
following documentations:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/cpgu...
l/cpconadvanceddesignissues.asp

Regards,
Elan Zhou
Got .Net?  http://www.gotdotnet.com

Mon, 31 Jan 2005 17:15:16 GMT

1. Remoting using a window service

2. Connecting to remote SQL server via Internet using ASP page and Comm object

3. How To: Windows Service w/ remote clients, i.e SQL Server

4. Import xls file into SQL Server using VBscript and exe function on remote server

5. checking windows service status on remote server

6. Trying to shut down Services on Remote Server on network

7. Request Variable being passed to Remote Data Services Object

8. Remoting over http vs. Web service

9. Remoting : Hosting in Internet Information Services (IIS)

10. Sending user-defined types between clients and servers in Remote Automation

11. Retrive remote MAC Address

12. Using types in a different assembly given that the type may be used or not used