open/save excel file in web application
Author Message
 open/save excel file in web application

I know that it is possible to open an excel file from within a web
application, but my question is, can you also save this file to the server?

In my case, this is an intranet where the users would be able to open
THISFILE.xls by clicking a hyperlink on a page and then save the file back
to the server when complete by clicking save.  The user would have access to
the shared file on the server.

It would really be just like a "shortcut" to a file on the server, but that
file could be saved by the client user.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
-H

Sat, 29 Jan 2005 05:14:32 GMT

1. need help: Open Excel, run macro, save file, close Excel

2. Open Excel File (Excel.Application)

3. Saving A remote Excel File frome the web

4. Saving Excel file from the Web using VBS

5. Close and Save Open Excel File

6. saving and closing opened excel file in VB

7. Opening excel,word, msproject files in a web form in VB.Net

8. Newbie: Opening an Excel file from a web page

9. Saving Excel file to Excel file

10. opening / saving files with MS rich text box control (viewing open files)

11. Saving open file and opening new file at a specified time of day

12. Problem opening Excel Addin with Excel application object