Form flashes when dataset is filled
Author Message
 Form flashes when dataset is filled

Basically, the form has a grid.  The user clicks a search button which calls
a dll which contains some generic forms.  In this case, the form being
called is instantiated as follows:

searcher = New SearchDialog1(Me, MyBase._dbconnectionString, "TAX_TABLE")
searcher.ShowDialog()

When the user exits the SearchDialog1 form, they return a properly parsed
where clause that the calling form uses in a SQL statement which is used to
fill a dataset which has a datagrid bound to it.  I can't seem to figure out
why the calling form disappears for a split second while the data is being
retrieved.  At the time it disappears, the SearchDialog1 form is hidden.
Here is the last event that takes place in the SearchDialog1 form

Me.Hide()
_myCaller.SearchFormOutputString(_whereOutput)
Me.Close()

any ideas on why the calling form flashes or simply how to stop it?

Eric

Sun, 27 Nov 2005 00:37:48 GMT

1. NB Question: Fill Dataset From differet form.

2. How to avoid flash when fill Tree View Node

3. filling textbox with data from a dataset

4. How to fill my Typed DataSet with DataAdapter?

5. The problem of a lot of data fill into dataset

6. Problem filling DataSet with MS Remote OLE DB Provider [VB.NET]

7. Filling a strongly typed dataset

8. fill dataset problem

9. Attempting to FILL a dataset from a Text file

10. filling dataset

11. filling a dataset with an xml string

12. Filling Dataset and textbox through code ?