ebay app help?
Author Message
 ebay app help?

Hi everyone. I am looking into creating a dll in vb.net to download user
bidding and selling tabs on ebay. Should i look into using the winsock
classes? I looked into this a long time ago and the one thing i had trouble
doing was login into ebay programiticially. Ebay basically has a form you
click to submit your username/password. I have no idea how to log in
programtically so that i can grab the users bidding/selling info.  Any help
would be appreciated.

thanks
Brent

Note: if you want to email me directly you will have to remove ".spam." from
my addy.

Sun, 06 Mar 2005 05:14:58 GMT
 ebay app help?
if I remember correctly, www.xmethods.com have an ebay webservice available.
Might be worth a look.

--
Regards

John Timney (Microsoft ASP.NET MVP)
<shameless_author_plug>
Professional Windows Forms
     ISBN: 1861005547
Professional JSP
    ISBN: 1861003625
Beginning JSP Web Development
    ISBN: 1861002092
</shameless_author_plug>

> Hi everyone. I am looking into creating a dll in vb.net to download user
> bidding and selling tabs on ebay. Should i look into using the winsock
> classes? I looked into this a long time ago and the one thing i had
trouble
> doing was login into ebay programiticially. Ebay basically has a form you
> click to submit your username/password. I have no idea how to log in
> programtically so that i can grab the users bidding/selling info.  Any
help
> would be appreciated.

> thanks
> Brent

> Note: if you want to email me directly you will have to remove ".spam."
from
> my addy.

Sun, 06 Mar 2005 05:19:31 GMT
 ebay app help?
Yea they do but its just to get the price of an item you are looking at. Its
doesn't have the ability to log into ebay and look are your items you are
bidding/selling.

Brent

Quote:
> if I remember correctly, www.xmethods.com have an ebay webservice
available.
> Might be worth a look.

> --
> Regards

> John Timney (Microsoft ASP.NET MVP)
> <shameless_author_plug>
> Professional Windows Forms
>      ISBN: 1861005547
> Professional JSP
>     ISBN: 1861003625
> Beginning JSP Web Development
>     ISBN: 1861002092
> </shameless_author_plug>

> > Hi everyone. I am looking into creating a dll in vb.net to download user
> > bidding and selling tabs on ebay. Should i look into using the winsock
> > classes? I looked into this a long time ago and the one thing i had
> trouble
> > doing was login into ebay programiticially. Ebay basically has a form
you
> > click to submit your username/password. I have no idea how to log in
> > programtically so that i can grab the users bidding/selling info.  Any
> help
> > would be appreciated.

> > thanks
> > Brent

> > Note: if you want to email me directly you will have to remove ".spam."
> from
> > my addy.

Sun, 06 Mar 2005 05:41:50 GMT
 ebay app help?
I can't tell you how to code it, but logic wise, all you have to do is post
your login information to their login script and check the response to see
if it is successful. If it was, grab the cookies that were sent back (which
probably include some kind of session id or encrypted login info). Then make
a request to the page that contains the data you want (ie the user selling
page) and make sure with the request you pass along the cookies that you
retrieved when you logged in. Their system should be able to determine who
you are then and provide the proper data. I am doing something very similar
for another site and it works great. I did it in VB 6, however, not VB.Net.
HTH.

Shawn

Quote:
> Hi everyone. I am looking into creating a dll in vb.net to download user
> bidding and selling tabs on ebay. Should i look into using the winsock
> classes? I looked into this a long time ago and the one thing i had
trouble
> doing was login into ebay programiticially. Ebay basically has a form you
> click to submit your username/password. I have no idea how to log in
> programtically so that i can grab the users bidding/selling info.  Any
help
> would be appreciated.

> thanks
> Brent

> Note: if you want to email me directly you will have to remove ".spam."
from
> my addy.

Sun, 06 Mar 2005 21:54:32 GMT

1. I'm auctioning my consulting on Ebay!

2. Create reminder for eBay auctions

3. eBay API

4. Quick Basic 4.5 for auction on eBay

5. VB Books on EBAY

6. MS Visual Studio 97 Pro (unopened) on ebay

7. VB5 & 6 on eBay

8. Book on ebay

9. Accessing eBay

10. Accessing eBay w/ internet transfer control