Where is IntelliSense?!!
Author Message
 Where is IntelliSense?!!

I am a VB 6.0 programmer just getting into VB.NET, and I
just had the rude shock of finding out that when you type
Me. or {controlname}., you don't get that handy little box
that lists the possible controls, properties or methods.
I thought next-generation products were supposed to be an
improvement on the old.  How could they drop something
like that?

Mon, 07 Feb 2005 03:40:16 GMT
 Where is IntelliSense?!!
The intellisense feature works in the VB.Net version of the product...it was
not removed. Sounds like you may have the option to autolist the object
members turned off.  Please verify that you have the following option turned
on:
    1) Select the Tools | Options menu
    2) Select the Text editor node in the treeview
    3) Select the Basic node, then the General node
    4) Verify that the "Auto List Members" checkbox is checked.

Thanks
Grady Leno
VB PM

> I am a VB 6.0 programmer just getting into VB.NET, and I
> just had the rude shock of finding out that when you type
> Me. or {controlname}., you don't get that handy little box
> that lists the possible controls, properties or methods.
> I thought next-generation products were supposed to be an
> improvement on the old.  How could they drop something
> like that?

Mon, 07 Feb 2005 03:55:38 GMT
 Where is IntelliSense?!!
Intellisense exists (most of the time) in VB.NET (Assuming you're using the
VS IDE.)

Generally, if Intellisense doesn't pop up, it means you have some sort of
syntax error in the code immediately preceding wherever you're typing.

--
Toby Herring
Software Architects, Inc.

Quote:
> I am a VB 6.0 programmer just getting into VB.NET, and I
> just had the rude shock of finding out that when you type
> Me. or {controlname}., you don't get that handy little box
> that lists the possible controls, properties or methods.
> I thought next-generation products were supposed to be an
> improvement on the old.  How could they drop something
> like that?

Mon, 07 Feb 2005 03:59:13 GMT
 Where is IntelliSense?!!
Actually, I just found out that it does work.  Here's what
happened.  I converted a simple VB program using an ADO
control, and it came across with errors.  And as a
when there's a syntax error (which is of course when I
need it most because I'm trying to find out WHY there's a
syntax error).
I opened one of the sample VB programs and the box began
popping up all over the place.
This will make debugging a bit more challenging, but at
least I still have an important tool.

Quote:

confers no rights.

>> I am a VB 6.0 programmer just getting into VB.NET, and I
>> just had the rude shock of finding out that when you
type
>> Me. or {controlname}., you don't get that handy little
box
>> that lists the possible controls, properties or methods.
>> I thought next-generation products were supposed to be
an
>> improvement on the old.  How could they drop something
>> like that?

>.

Mon, 07 Feb 2005 04:08:47 GMT

1. I am trying to update a record, i am not using data control

3. I am trying to update a record, i am not using data control

4. When is 5:00 AM not 5:00 AM? When it's 5:00 AM.

5. Intellisense and RTF control

6. Intellisense in Immediate window

7. Intellisense Options.

8. Intellisense and Microsoft

9. Office XP Intellisense inconvenience

10. Declared variable, but no intellisense!

11. Intellisense

12. VB and Intellisense